Chapter 3- Take Me Home

Brutus was aggressive. Everyone who knew him- and even those who didn't- would use that adjective as a main descriptor. It wasn't something he grew into, rather something that had been moulded into his very being from the moment he was born. 

Being aggressive, getting what he wanted and knowing everything was just who he was. And right now, he wanted another cigarette as his little brother told him about the newest intended Seven. 

"Her name is Snow"

Brutus immediately lit a cigarette and pulled it to his lips, knowing his brother wouldn't stop until the rambling had left his body completely. What sort of soft name was fucking Snow? How would that keep with the reputation him and the others had built? His brother was smart and a people person- but Brutus didn't know about this girl. 

"I've been watching her for years, and she always seemed as if she hated me- well, hated everyone, but me especially." This was new. No one hated his brother- Mavon exuded trustworthy almost as much as Brutus exuded 'fuck off.' Mavon continued, a slight smirk on his playful face. 

"She's something Brute. Sharp, cold and extremely beautiful- reminds me of an icicle. She's always saying things that purposefully offend people- most of the time to ward them off her, but other times just cause it's funny" 

Brutus was starting to like the sound of this Snow. 

"She smashed Stevens' nose in then went to paint. What sort of chick does that these days? What sort of girl has the nerve to crush the nose of a guy who's head and shoulders taller than her" Mavon shook his head, grinning. "She's the one. Just meet her Brute, you'll see as soon as you take one look at her" 

It had been a while since he had seen his brother so animated, and actually intrigued with something. Brutus took a drag and considered. Ever since he had been left with the many companies that his father had accumulated, Mavon had drifted off- staying distant with a smile on his face. 

"What about the rest of the Seven?" He replied. 

Mavon gave him a smug look. "Felix acknowledged her existence, Tanner, Dominic and Cohen are practically in love and Abel actually shut his mouth for once" 

It was surprising to say the least, those boys were difficult to impress. Even harder to shut up at times. Brutus lit up another smoke and blew out a puff. "Bring her in tonight. At eight." 

He would see if this Snow was something the Seven needed- or someone Mavon needed. Mavon gave him a bright smile-a genuine one after some time. Brutus scratched his shaven head and stood, going to stand near the window. 

"Oh and Brute?" Mavon called. Brutus tilted his head. 

"She's got a tongue on her. Just try not to get too offended" 

Brutus scoffed, an eighteen year old girl was something he could handle. 

******

This was definitely  not a fucking eighteen year old girl. She stood at the door, pale face blank and black eyes staring apathetically at the ceiling. Brutus let his eyes roam over her, licking his lips. Was she jail bait? Eh. 

Nearly two meters tall with a lean body draped in over-sized clothes- Brutus was an expert on the female form, and hers was no different. Apart from the fact she had the body of a woman and the face of an angel. Thick, white hair and a sinful splash of ruby coloured lips, Brutus knew he wanted her. 

Knew it even more when she opened her mouth. 

"You fuckwit siblings might have shit-all time, but I have a Chinese dinner waiting for me at home that looks more interesting than this wax museum" 

Yes. He definitely wanted this one. His eyes flicked to his brother, saw the warning and considered. Her gaze finally fell on him and he saw the slight flicker- the usually overwhelming sense of desire women had when they saw him. But Snow, she just stared for a moment too long, then sat down on a chair, completely unaffected- on the outside. Snow mentally salivated just by looking at the man; a meld of ripped muscle, tattoos and a sinfully dark smoulder that complimented his whole badass look. 

Snow didn't want a badboy- but today, she felt she might. And Brutus was the biggest badboy of them all- gang leader, drug and arms dealer, fucker of women and tattoo addict with a penchant for brawling- he was everything Snow didn't want in a man. Someone the exact opposite of her father. 

"Why do you want to be in the Seven?" 

The girl scoffed. "You think I want to join that sausage party? I have more brains in my left ass cheek than those boys-save Felix- put together. I'm only here because Mavon is buying me breakfast for the next two weeks " 

A sharp look to the left, and he saw Mavon scratching his head. His brother was a persistent motherfucker and could be extremely annoying when he wanted to be. She knew Felix? 

He took another drag. "Take care when talking about my men" 

She inspected her clear nails, voice monotone and bored. "Then don't make it so easy" 

Brutus clenched his teeth and carried on- Mavon didn't tell him he'd need to exercise this much patience. "Mavon seems convinced you are the best fit for the seven and I rely on his recommendations. I need to know whether or not you want to be here" 

She sat still, deep pools of eyes on his brother- seeming to have a silent conversation with him.  

"I want a guitar that Jimi Hendrix put on the market yesterday. I want some time to myself. I want a home of my own. I can't say I want to be in the Seven" Snow tilted her head to the side, seeming to think something over. 

"Will the rumours stop or increase if I join this group?" 

Brutus rolled his eyes, view on her dropping considerably- someone who cared about the opinions of others wouldn't be needed in his group. "Why does that matter?" Mavon finally voiced, seeing something beyond what his brother did. 

She waited a beat, hands clenching. "I don't want my father's career to suffer because of me." Snow might be an offensive person, but she was an honest one. Mavon sighed inwardly- hearing the slight sadness in her voice. 

Brutus raised a brow and stubbed out his cigarette. "The rumours will decrease if someone everyone fears is with you. All you need to do is be seen with me once, then all that will stop" 

"At the cost of joining the group?" 

Brutus nodded his head. "I already have a role in mind for you. You'll need to be hard enough to handle hurting others and not showing mercy. At all" 

Snow fought the images that arose, a snarl on the edge of her lips. "I think I can manage." Snow hadn't been raped, molested or anything of the sort- no, what had happened to her was more emotionally damaging than anything. 

But those were the ones that hurt the most. 

Brutus sat at his desk, large body folding into his chair as an expanse of muscle and tattoos. "I'll pick you up tomorrow after school, and we'll go over everything then." Brutus pulled out his phone, texting Dominic. 

"I'll get you that guitar. Think of it as a...gift" 

Mavon snapped his head to his brother- confused to no end. His brother didn't give gifts. He only gave punches, fear and usual black eyes. Snow seemed to think nothing of it, not even giving his brother an answer. She stood, running a hand through her white mane and attracting a dark look from his brother. 

Oh. Mavon understood now. "I'm going home. I'll see you in the morning Mavon- meet me at that bakery near our school" 

Brutus smirked as he heard his brother complaining, following the white witch out the door. Yeah- an apt description. Witch like with enchantress eyes. 

Brutus sat back in his seat, seeing her face in his mind. There was a stirring in him- and a deep connection that he was unwilling to comment on. The look in her eyes- a need to constantly prove herself yet unwilling to compromise her individuality- was so clear and like a mirror staring back at him.  

This girl would be a lot of trouble. But Brutus couldn't bring himself to care.