Chapter 24

Dominic stayed behind her, at the door, face inscrutable- even if he was as interested to hear what Snow had to say. 

Snow walked forward and kicked her foot out, swiping the gun off the table with a single hit. The girl yelped, eyes wide as she watched the girl made from hate. 

"Just fucking get on with it Snow, I've got things to do." 

She laughed loudly, a smile cut across her face as she jerked her head at Dominic, suggestion heating her eyes. "And so do I. But that won't stop me from fucking with you." She turned her head an inch, an apology in her eyes as Dominic stared at her. 

"Check the Brute for any weapons. Can't have him...disrupting our little conversation." 

Dom went over and searched his former boss, face hard as Brutus murmured some obscenities about the girl of his thoughts. 

Snow relaxed a bit after Dom came up with two guns and a knife. She leaned back on a wall, keeping the safety off her guns but lowering her hands. Brutus was glaring at her, body stiff with barely restrained rage. 

A part of her hurt at seeing him hate her with such a passion- but she needed to get everyone out from under Landon's hold. 

"Wel, big boy, it looks like we're all good to talk now." Snow brushed some hair behind her ear and pulled out a smoke, lighting it with a flame that Dom offered. 

After taking a long drag and exhaling smoke, she tilted her head to the side. "Landon doesn't know anything about you. He knows I know things about you, but he himself hasn't found anything out." 

Dom stiffened behind her, knowing where this was going. "I've killed countless people to keep your shit a secret, and was punished constantly for not telling Landon a single word." Snow spat on the floor, fists clenching as she remembered things she wanted so badly to forget. 

"But he knows everything about your main circle, my best friends, and is going to release all their secrets if I stop working." 

She put a gun down and plowed a hand through her hair, taking another drag. "And you, you're going to help me get out- or I'm going to release everything about you into every fucking news station, every radio station and to every little rat on the street so that they can spread the word that Brutus Balthazar Clay killed his own parents to get control of the Seven." 

Everything went silent, even Dom took in a breath behind her. Snow grinned, the edge of insanity in her eyes as she stamped out her half done smoke. "How many people have you killed Brutus? That didn't deserve it? Melody- your maid, Carmichael- the Gardener, Janice- your brother's babysitter...I could go on, but I only have two weeks left to get free." 

"What do you want?" Brutus growled, knowing he had no other choice. He couldn't hurt her- Gervais and Landon would come for him, Mavon would cut him off and the rest of the Seven would just...despise him.

And Mavon hated him more than he could handle. 

Snow kicked off the wall and draped an arm around Dominic. "Your Seven are already loyal to me. What good are you without them?" 

Brutus struggled to see what she was getting at. 

Snow sighed. "You killed to get where you are. You're going to kill to get out of it." 

Brutus furrowed his brows. "You want me to kill Landon?" 

"Did I fucking stutter? Get on with it, lover. I want my daddy to come home." 

Then, as she walked out the door, she stopped, not even turning as her voice went bone-chillingly low. "If you even think about crossing me, I'll know. And I'll come back and shoot you in the balls, then feed whatever's left of your masculinity to Baric." 

There were no threats, only oaths. 

Brutus sat back in his chair, ordering the girl out and taking a glass of whiskey. He remembered the first time she had threatened him, and he hadn't been afraid of her- because he knew she wanted him.

But now, now there was none of that left. 

There was only ill intent, hatred and pain. Just like him, after he had left Snow. 

Brutus groaned out loud, slamming his fist into the table. Mavon was right. He didn't deserve her. 

But maybe, maybe if he killed this man and made her free, he might. 

Maybe. 

___

GONNA TAKE MORE THAN THAT, BRUTUS MA BITCH>