Chapter 21- All I Get is Wild Thoughts

I hate that song. 

_________

"So. Obviously, we've both been going through some shit, so let's skip all that polite small talk smack- what happened to you?" 

Snow missed Mavon. And when he kept a hard stare on her, she sighed, fingers twisting on her lap as they sat in his lounge. 

Too many things had happened- and none of them to her. She was the one hurting others. 

"Bad things Mave. I've done bad things." Her voice struggled to stay controlled, and she felt the last syllable slip and break on the floor, like every last one of her victims. 

The devil never does his own dirty work. 

Mavon sat across from her, concern dark on his pretty face, watching the way she huddled close to herself, sheltering her own body from whatever it was she had been so used to being around. That strength was there in her eyes though, hardening them with a guilt so deep, a part of Mavon didn't want to know what she had done. 

But the rest of him did. To know what she had been put through, to know what she had done to keep their family safe. Even his asswipe of a brother. 

"What did you do Snow?" 

There was no judgement in his voice and Snow's lips thinned, teeth pressing down on her tongue as she struggled not to lose face. 

"I've killed a lot of people Mavon. I remember every single one of their faces every time I close my eyes- and there's so many. Guilty people, people who made one mistake.....innocent people. I've killed all types of men and women, and it's all winding up in my chest, tightly coiled around my heart so strong I hope that one day it will just....."

The words she refused to say hung in the air and Mavon snarled, grabbing her and pulling her against his chest. 

"No Snow. You will not surrender yourself to that pain and darkness because you have a life. You have things to live for, like me and your father. You will fight to keep that light there, you will try your fucking best to continue to want to live because of us, and then, when you have, we will help you want to live because you are you. You are Snow Black, the fiercest woman I know, and a woman who will do anything for her family. Your conscience be damned." 

Snow's teeth grit as she held back tears, hands squeezing around Mavon's biceps. He held her tight, afraid she would do something that no one would like. He leaned his mouth onto her hair, shaking his head. 

"You're mine Snow. You're the best friend I could have ever asked for. And I claim you, no matter the corniness, to be my friend. So you can't leave me in this hellhole with my shithead of a brother, just because your judging yourself for things you had no choice but to do." Mavon exclaimed, shaking her just a bit to get the point through. 

He saw the fight leave her. And it was horrible. The fight never left Snow, and here she sat, sagged against him. 

"I won't leave you Mavon. But I am going to leave Frederick. And...I need your help." 

Mavon took her limp hands, rubbing warmth back into them. 

"Whatever you need Snow. Whatever you need." 

__________

Abel walked into the room where Mavon and Snow sat, that effortless, annoying swagger making her lips twitch. She might have had a plan to get herself rid of Frederick, but that didn't mean she had to like it. 

Especially this part. 

He gave Snow a once over, surprise clear on his Casanova face. 

"Snow?" 

Abel knew he had secrets- ones he didn't want anyone to know, ones that could get him killed. Or worse. And the shred of decency that was left in him, was grateful to Snow. For doing things he didn't want to, for a man she barely knew. 

So when he sat, he did it without any of his usual quips or lust, he sat, ready to listen. 

Snow ran a hand through her hair. "I need your help." 

And then she leaned forward, murmuring the starting of a plan she only had a month to execute. 

____________

Snow leaned into Abel, hand over his arm that was around her waist. He held her loosely, with just enough hold that showed possession. All the teenagers stared as they walked through the school hallway, Abel's lips so close to her ears. 

"They're buying it" 

Snow hid a grin and wrapped her own arm around his waist, enforcing the image. "Of course they do. They're stupid." 

Abel chuckled and smoothed a hand down her side, winking. "Brutus should be here soon. He has a meeting with the principle." 

A familiar pang of pain ran through her, and Snow briefly let it touch her before shutting it away. Brutus didn't deserve her emotion for him, but he did deserve her protection. 

A few glances slid their way, some disbelieving that a girl as cold as Snow would be with the man whore of the year. He had a reputation- but so did Snow. And that meant they would have to up their game. 

Snow turned to Abel's seductive face, gave him a sultry smile, then pushed him into the lockers, the impact hard enough for him to open his mouth in surprise. 

Snow crushed her mouth to his, a kiss of a frenzied, passionate couple. Abel instantly responded, a hand dropping to her ass, the other wrapping itself around her hair and pulling her closer, heat emanating from every touch they gave. 

It was easy for Snow to lose herself in the kiss. They both knew it meant nothing, but it did a real good job of drawing them away from the world they were in- and what they had done to survive. 

Then, suddenly, everything went completely silent in the bustling hallway. Those that were watching the couple were now watching the doors, and the tattooed man that stood in front of them. 

Snow dropped her lips to Abel's neck, giving it a languid lick and drawing a shiver from him before she pulled back, turning her head to the man who left her behind. 

Brutus's face was hard as he gave her a fleeting assessment, jaw clenched as he watched Abel slide an arm around her waist and give her a kiss on the cheek. Snow kept her face impassive as she looked over Brutus; who was still as rugged and handsome as ever. 

And then she turned away from him, flipping her hair over her shoulder as Abel lead her to their class. 

But not before she saw a familiar head of feathery blonde hair at Brutus's side. 

____

I actually hate Brutus. 

I've loved Abel for a long time, so this chapter was good to get to know him more and actually show him being something other than a man whore. 

:)