Chapter 18- Bohemian Rhapsody

Snow didn't talk at all after that. She just sat in the back of his jeep completely silent, eyes clear and now looking out the window. There was nothing Brutus could do, nothing he could think of that would make her speak.

Should he even try? In times like this, was he meant to give her space? He glanced back at her, noticed the blood lining her legs and hands, and grimaced. Her jeans were ripped up, glass splintering her porcelain skin, knuckles ruined and mangled.

When Felix had called him, told him about Frederick grabbing Snow and taking her somewhere- he had immediately told Felix to tail her. And it was Felix's words that echoed in his mind, the concern that lilted his voice.

"If he's taking her where I think he's taking her, you're going to want to get there quick. Snow isn't ready- she's just not ready."

Felix was right. Brutus could hear her screams a street away, and when he got to her, the fury and soul deep wrath almost stopped him cold. No person- especially one as young as her- should ever have a reason to feel that angry.

And all of it was directed at that bastard, Frederick. Her fury had been twisted from a deep seated sadness, driving her fists with an impact that cracked through the parking lot. Anybody who may have been watching was soon scared off- afraid of the white girl with black eyes and wrath filled body.

A text message popped up on Brutus's phone, pulling him out of his stupor. It was from Felix.

Call her dad. 024567892.

Brutus saved the number and called it, diverting his attention from the road for a moment to answer when Gervais picked up.

"Hello?"

Such a different response compared to the grunts his daughter gave when she answered the phone.

"It's Brutus. You need to talk to your daughter."

"Why?" Gervais's reply was quick and deeply concerned.

"Frederick Landon took her to a hospital-"

"Pass me to her. Right away." Gervais cut in, urgency in every syllable. Brutus handed the phone to a completely still Snow, who took it after hearing Gervais call out to her.

"Daddy?" Her voice broke, and Brutus had to look away. Something pulled at his heart when he saw her tears, and as weak as it was, he couldn't watch.

Not even when her sobs came harder and faster, slurring her words and bending her body forward.

Brutus frowned, wondering how a father could listen to his daughter cry that much and not come home.

He shook his head and pulled into his driveway, gritting his teeth as Snow's pained words filled the car and his own mind.

"Are you coming home?"

The silence after was too much and Brutus got out of the car, not wanting to hear Gervais's reply. It was one of the most cowardly things Brutus had ever done.

He pulled out a cigarette, lighting it and leaning against the door as he waited for Snow to come out of the car. Hs mind kept scattering and going back to the way she reacted, the way her father reacted to a simple hospital.

For them, a hospital was anything but simple.

Brutus took a drag and exhaled smoke. He had a choice, he realized.

Their relationship was purely based off of touch and chemistry right now, mutual attraction making it almost blissful and easy for them to be together. But that was all it extended to- touch, the feel of each other.

Nothing below, no emotion. Brutus knew he liked her, liked her more than he would admit to himself, but he didn't know if he wanted to get involved.

It was cowardly and selfish- but he knew his life would be easier and less complicated without Snow in it. She had depths and a past that he doubted would be easy to share, would be easy to take. There were reasons she was the way she was, and anyone would be interested why.

Would he stay with her, go deeper than he had with any other woman and choose to develop a relationship? Risk everything he had to be with a young girl who tore at his heart and pulled his desire?

Or would he leave, and let his brother be the person she needed, and live on in his own life, brushing aside the chance to possibly have something...passionate with another person.

The door opened next to him and Brutus inhaled.

He had to make a decision.

_____

Short chapter today famiglia, I couldn't be shat (shitted?) writing more. 

Btw, if any of you read twice- I am sorry for literally no updates- but I'm finding it hard to write. 

<3 <3