Chapter 20- Cut From the Same Cloth

I am Bach. Just had a bit of a rest. 

(AHAHAHA puns)

______

5 Months Later

Snow washed her hands, water turning a whirlpool of red as crimson ran off her fingers. There was nothing to be felt, and she wiped away the black masking her face, undid the red wig glued securely onto her head, and collapsed onto the chair next to the sink. 

For my family. For my family. 

Those were the only words that got her through nights like these. Nights where she wasn't happy with the things she did, nights where she wanted to take the gun to her own head and just....

Leave. 

"You've got the next month off Snow, as requested. But if you breathe a single word about what goes on here to anyone, I will hang you. Hang you in front of your father then kill everyone you love." Frederick murmured, cleaning his own gun. He spared her a glance and shrugged a shoulder. "Have a good month." 

Snow didn't even have to calm herself. These days, she didn't feel enough, or much at all really, to try and calm herself. It was a necessity in her line of work- separating herself from everything. That distance had come easier than she would have liked. 

Snow hadn't been to school. Hadn't seen Mavon, Dominic or any of the gang in months. 

She had talked to her dad, briefly, who still had no idea she was involved with Frederick. Any call or e-mail the school may have made because of her absence was intercepted by Frederick, who explained that they were on a 'very long trip, with no real date to come back.' 

And since Gervais funded the school, they hadn't questioned it at all. 

And with this free month, Snow had a plan. A plan to not only fill the loneliness that had grated on her conscience, but to also save the people she loved and get out of Frederick's grasp. 

Snow stood, tucked her gun into it's holster and left, the edges of excitement bubbling. 

She would see her family again. 

______

Walking into her high school was like a going to the dentist. She was a little apprehensive about being back, but grateful that ultimately, something would be fixed. 

She pulled back her hood and set her face, frowning at those who openly stared- no doubt thinking she had left school because of her break-up with Brutus. 

And she had new names now, 'slutty Snow,' 'suck-dick Snow,' or her personal favourite, 'Ice pussy.' 

They needed bigger vocabularies. 

A boy didn't move as she walked through the masses, obviously trying to intimidate the hardened girl, and Snow didn't give a single shit. Not when she had stared down gun barrels or had knives at her throat for less. 

"Can't believe she's back." The boy huffed, puffing up his chest and folding his arms as Snow got closer. She was the same height as him, lithely muscled and with a glare akin to her dog's growl. 

She was all bark, and more bite. 

He snapped out his arm in an attempt to grab her, and Snow lunged forward, twisting so her back was to his chest, grappling his elbow and heaving. He flipped over her shoulder with nothing short of a girly scream, hitting the floor with a crack. 

The hallway immediately quietened and Snow pressed her boot into the boy's neck, pushing his face into the cold floor. "Don't touch me." 

Teachers gathered in the doors, aghast at the sight. Snow drew her foot back and kicked him in the ribs, hard, a small smile on her face as the crowds winced. 

"That goes for you all too. Touch me or talk about me- I'll hurt you. And no one will do shit about it." 

"Snow?" 

A voice said from down the hall. She stilled, stepping back from the groaning boy and turning to the doorway. 

And Mavon stood there, face so familiar, face so sad. Snow didn't know how hard the emotion would hit until it did, and it was like a flood. Waves of pain, remembered emptiness and a gush of relief flooded through her and Snow walked forward, pushing through the people that suddenly turned back to their own things again. 

Mavon rushed forward, and Snow knew he was her soulmate, only in a friend's body. 

She was crushed into his outstretched arms, a vice like grip around her as he lifted her into the air. It felt like home. 

And Snow realized then, that home would always be a person and never a place. She just needed to learn how to make home, herself. 

"You're back, you're back, you're back." Mavon murmured into her hair, arms tight around her as they both struggled not to cry. Snow felt warm, so so warm, and at rest inside Mavon's arms. They would always be the closest thing to lovers, but in a different sense. 

She felt pure again, felt clean, like nothing stained her hands and she could just breathe around him. That suffocation she felt around Frederick was always weighing on her shoulders, winding around her neck and slowly tightening with each bullet she gave. 

They didn't know how long they stood like that, only that when they finally let go, the halls were empty. 

Mavon brushed a hand through her white hair, a small smile on his tired looking face. He still looked the same- extremely handsome- but there was a tension in his skin, one that pulled at his features, made his cheekbones more angular and hollowed. 

Looks like they both had been going through things. 

Were still going through things. 

"Wanna skip?" Mavon murmured, taking her hand and letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. The dynamic duo. The Near Lovers. 

He didn't feel at all selfish as he turned off his phone, not texting any of the rest of the crew about Snow's sudden appearance. Didn't even think about telling his brother. Not when he had..moved on. 

"Yeah. Let's go." 

_________

I wrote this during a math assessment lmao. 

Procrastination station ahead- Oh shit, we've already arrived. 

Thanks for reading familia

xoxo