Chapter 13

The ball was something Snow supposed she should have looked forward to. But, in all reality, getting ready for it and seeing the look on people's faces when they saw her fully done up- made it all worth it. 

Especially Brutus, with his inability to stop glancing or touching her throughout the drive there. In the end, he settled with a hand on her exposed thigh, harsh tattoos a contrast to her whiter than milk skin. She liked his touch, so she let him keep it there. 

When they got out of the car though, was another story. Cameras were everywhere, people were everywhere and there was almost a loss of oxygen with all the chatter going on. It was worse than high school- and she had been in that shithole for five years. 

"They won't touch you Snow. Not while I'm here" Brutus murmured, taking her waist in a possessive and protective manner. Flashes brightened before her and she fought the urge to snarl, startled by the bright light. 

School was alright. Lots of people were expected. A ball was something different. This would be a whole night with people on all sides- fake smiles plastered on their faces like some sort of bad theatre show. Snow hated liars. 

She wrapped an arm around Brutus's waist, knowing they looked like Yin and Yang. Him- with raven black hair, intense blue eyes and slashes of tattoos covering every expanse of skin apart from his face, he was aggression incarnate. Her- pale all over, ebony pools for eyes and a smile that both chilled and heated at the time. An Ice Queen- far colder than that Disney Bitch Elsa. 

They both walked in to the grand hall, a huge construction of flashy taste and marble floors. It was a bit tacky but exuded expensive- something Snow supposed arrogant people wanted people to know. 

As if rich people were entitled to anything more than a normal human being. 

Brutus nodded to other business owners- Kara Polene, the resident connections woman, Lamon Frank, owner of most casinos and gambling offices and Frederick Gregory, a man who just happened to be involved in all things black market. 

All of them moved their eyes to Snow, analysing every inch of her body and face. Kara raised a brow when Snow didn't incline her head, turning her nose up and away from the couple. Lamon narrowed his eyes at her frosty scowl, a frown on his face. Frederick merely smirked and disappeared into the crowd. 

Brutus didn't care either way. Snow didn't need acceptance from anyone but him and Mavon. 

"I'm going to get a drink. go and talk to Lamon, he looks like he's going to piss himself with excitement watching you" Snow murmured offhandedly, already going to sit at their table. Brutus let his lips tilt up before bending and crushing his mouth against hers, a kiss that quickly spelled out just what she was to him. 

Brutus never made his affections public with anyone. This was the first. 

Snow scowled after he drew back but a fire ignited in her eyes- one Brutus knew he would enjoy later. "Savage Brute. Respect my lipstick" 

He grinned, white teeth gleaming. Like a wolf with its prey. Snow gave him a cold look- a tiger in wait. "If any woman comes up to you, send her to me. See you later" 

Then she walked away, patrons of the ball clearing like the red sea for her moses. 

"Quite a woman you've got there Brutus. Snow Black, daughter of Gervais Black?" Lamon quipped, at his side in an instant. Brutus side eyed the blonde at his side, long hair tied into a low ponytail. 

"Yeah, that's her. Don't even think about it" 

Lamon chuckled even though his gaze stayed on the white haired girl, watching every movement she made with a sort of hunger that annoyed Brutus immediately.