Chapter 19- Mistreated,Misplaced,Misunderstood

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE, DON'T YOU EVER EVER FEEL~~~~~

Love the glee version. 

____

There was silence as Snow mulled Brutus's words over, a deep, deep despair settling into her bones. There was nothing to say- nothing of worth, nothing that would make him change his mind. She saw it in his eyes, hardened and unreachable, leaving her tears to still track down her face, leaving her heart stripped raw. 

He couldn't handle it. Couldn't handle being with someone like her. This is what happened when people opened their hearts. No, Snow corrected, this is what happens when she opens her heart. They left. And took pieces of her with them. 

Why couldn't someone just stay? Was she that hard to be with? 

"I've called my brother. He'll be here soon." 

Mavon would stay for a little while- then he would go. Go just like his brother was doing, jumping into his car and driving away, without a single glance back. 

Was she not worth a glance? 

Brutus left her, standing in his driveway like some heartbroken whore who had believed, for the first time in her life, in romance. Possibly something more. Snow let her tears fall, wondering briefly how she had so much in her. But, she guessed, when someone has that much pent up anger and sadness in them, it was inevitable. 

And so, when Snow crouched on the ground, hands around her knees, head dipped forward, she didn't feel embarrassed. She was allowed to cry, more than deserved it, and she wallowed in her pain. 

Today was not her day. 

Gentle hands pulled at her, bringing her to her feet with a kindness that only made her cry more. Thumbs wiped away her tears, moving her attention to the kind green eyes watching her with a sorrowful smile. 

"It's alright Snow. I'm here." 

Snow felt her face scrunch up, and her heart lurched. "Please don't leave me Mavon. Everyone leaves me. Please don't leave me." Her voice broke on her last words, pulling at Mavon's heart as she sobbed in front of him. 

How much hurt had this girl endured? How much more would she endure? Mavon opened his arms, welcoming Snow into his warmth, and holding her as she cried into his chest. 

Mavon stroked a hand through her hair, his own eyes tearing as she cried. Sometimes, Mavon really disliked his brother. Disliked his avoidance of commitment, disliked his heartlessness. And even though they were both made from different cloths, from different mothers, Mavon thought his brother was better than that. 

Better than breaking up with a girl after she had just been through an ordeal. 

Mavon should have known better. 

__________

Snow left the Seven. Decided it would be better for her and for her friends. Brutus was intolerably angry whenever her name was brought up, much more when she was simply in the same building as him. Snow knew the others tried to hide it from her, but she could tell by the increased workload. 

It would only get worse the longer she stayed. 

So, she left. 

Mavon and Dominic were vocal in the refusal, but ultimately they listened. Snow had gifted them with a small smile, running a hand through her glorious hair as she considered them all. "We're still friend's right? I'll see you at school." She had looked to the sky then, nodding to herself in some thoughtful way. "I need to...deal with myself. Deal with things. But I'll see you all later." 

She jumped into her car, and sped off, throwing them all a quick wink. Dominic watched her leave, jaw tense as she drove into the distance. 

"I'm not leaving her. Not even if she leaves us" 

Mavon slapped a hand on his back. "Me too." 

Felix nodded from where he sat, usually apathetic face somewhat concerned. "She was my first friend. She protected me in school. She protected all of us." 

All the boys snapped their heads to the blonde, Cohen voicing their thoughts. "What? How?" 

Felix closed his eyes. "Frederick had us in the bag- had secrets all of us wouldn't want anyone to know, secrets that would have us incarcerated. Brutus too. But Snow made me promise not to tell, so I won't. Just know that she's not leaving us." 

Dominic surged forward, grabbing Felix's shirt and pulling him roughly forward, anger brightening his eyes. "Tell us" 

Felix's eyes narrowed behind his glasses, something akin to anger forming on his face. "I will not betray her trust. Not when she's done so much for me." 

Tanner understood what the other's did not. He understood her fierce loyalty, understood her painful past. Understood that she would do anything to protect the family she had now. 

Felix smoothed his shirt, glaring quickly at Dominic. "You all might know the her now, but I've known her for years. And you don't know how...kind she is. How loving she is." 

He shook his head, the weight of her leaving to protect them all settling on his shoulders. 

"What did she do for you Felix?" Mavon asked, wanting to know more about the girl he knew so little about. 

Felix stayed silent for a few moments, frowning as he wondered whether to tell them or not. He took a deep breath. 

"When my father was first in care, many people took that as an opportunity to finally kill the ingenious hacker known as Dylan Crowe. Snow and I were in the room when two men broke in and tried to switch off his life support. One came to me and snapped my legs, the other went to the plug." Felix shuddered, hand going subconsciously to his calf. Then his bright eyes came to theirs. "She killed them both. Strangled one to death with his own hair, stabbed the other in the eye with a needle. Then, covered in blood, she picked me up and carried me to my father, just so I could know he was alive. And she carried me all the way to the E.R" 

Breaths were sucked in, and they watched Felix closely. "Everyday, she took me to my father, sneaking me out at night and carrying me on her back. Even though her own mother- even though she had so much to deal with. She came to me everyday in the hospital, bringing me food when the nurses turned their back on the son of an illegal hacker. Snow nursed my father when others wouldn't, and did it for three years." 

Felix stared at them all, one by one. "If she would kill for a boy who she had only met a week earlier, what would she do for you? The only family she has ever known?" 

Mavon, Dominic, Abel, Cohen, Tanner and Felix all looked back to the road where she last was seen. 

Mavon bit his lip. "It's more like, what wouldn't she do?" 

________

Shit update, but Yolo. Ty for reading.