Chapter 25- Something New

I'm praying for all those affected by the Charlottesville White Supremacy Movement. As a woman who is white passing in a severely white dominated world, I can see everyday the privilege that I get and others don't.

It's easier for me to get jobs, it's easier for me to get scholarships, it's easier for me in general to live. I am grateful for all that I have, but that does not mean I am unaware of the problems that are still extremely obvious in a racially segregated society. 

White Supremacists, in the most simple and clear cut way I can think of, do not deserve to live. Especially those of the Nazi creed. The amount of ignorance, apathy, bigotry and idiocy that those people choose to adhere to (And that kind of stupidity is a choice) shows the amount of inhumanity they lack, and the amount of humanity they deserve to be shown. 

Which is none. 

For those saying love your neighbour, or those that are not outraged at this display of abhorrence need to take a good look at their own lives and their own perspectives. Because, I can guarantee you, that they are wrong. 

And if you don't see the problem, you are the problem. 

And in all honesty, I don't want people like you reading my books. 

So fuck outta here if you identify with that stereotype, before I find a way to beat your ass.

_____

"How was it?" Felix murmured, flicking his eyes up from the laptop he was furiously typing on. Snow shrugged a shoulder, leaning into Dominic, who had his arm loosely around her. She would act like it didn't matter much, but it did. 

Everything- her families lives- depended on Brutus having the balls to kill Landon. Snow wanted to live too- but in the end, it would just be an added bonus if she did. 

Dominic lit her a smoke, and Snow briefly wondered how he was just so warm. Brutus had never felt like this. 

"The moles have decided to work with us. It didn't take much for Tanner to convince them." Felix mumbled, adjusting his glasses. 

"That's because they know Tanner is a fucking psycho." Abel said, taking a sip of his beer. It was like old times. The Seven all in Snow's lounge, Tanner cooking something with Cohen in the kitchen, Baric nestled lovingly at Snow's feet. 

Mavon was switching through channels, grumbling angrily. "This is going to drive me insane. Just waiting, sitting here and waiting for my bitch-ass brother to do something."

They all agreed, but there really was nothing else to do. The Moles had agreed to work with Snow and inform Felix of whenever Brutus was up to something, and some in Landon's own agency had been approached and considered on their side. 

Dominic pulled Snow in closer to him, noticing her small shiver, and she gifted him a grin in return. 

"We've just got to wait it out. If he's anything like the man I think he is, he'll realize there's more to this than just his own pride." 

She stubbed out her cigarette, the edges of her cravings now dulled. Smoking wasn't something she would have taken up normally, but these past few months had been...taxing. 

"We're together. I'll protect you." Snow murmured, completely serious. Dom sighed next to her, rolling his eyes. "Calm down with the hard ass shit Snow. We're here too." He gave her a look, one that made her feel like she was the world, the only thing he could see.

"I'm here." 

Something small warmed in her chest and she smiled fully, a slow stretch of a smile that left the boys staring dumbfoundedly at her.

"Yeah."

___

Just a quick shot, so I can get into it next chapter.