12;

It was finally the weekend and Marley couldn't hide the happiness she felt that she didn't have to go into school. It was also Elliott's birthday, and she was going to work with Kelly, Shay and Otis. Chief had recently offered her a small job at the house, as a chef, to which she agreed immediately. She loved cooking and it gave her an excuse to not be in school after practice like the rest of the cheerleaders. They didn't pay her very much- but Marley didn't mind either way. She would have done it for free. She had offered to make the house Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner that day to avoid going to Elliott's pre-party with the cheerleaders and football players. Cruz had offered to drop her off with Leon later in the evening as Leon and Elliott had found themselves friends through Marley.

It was early when they arrived at the firehouse. Shift started at 5am, so it was too early for food yet, and immediately when they arrived, they were called out to a collision. Marley told them to be safe and went to Kelly and Matt's office where she put her bag with her clothes in under the desk. Walking around the firehouse, she sat down on the couch and turned on the TV to the news channel. They were reporting the crash as it looked horrific. Despite the horror, she couldn't help but smile when she saw the faces of the people who she loved so dearly working together to save people. She watched for 10 minutes longer before seeing it was almost 6am and decided to make some breakfast, as they'd be hungry when they got in.

Twenty minutes later, and the trucks were parked in their bays and breakfast was being happily accepted. Whilst Marley was hungry, she couldn't bring herself to eat much of her own.
"This is great Marls. I still can't believe it's taken us this long to get you cooking for us." Otis joked, winking at her and she blushed and giggled, looking down.
"Yeah, way better than anything Mill's ever made us!" Matt said shoving Mills a little and the whole table laughed whilst Mills pretended to look offended.

When everyone had finished, Cruz and Mills offered to clear up as Marley did some homework. Trying to hide that she was struggling, but knowing everyone can tell when she gets frustrated, she decided to sit in the bays on Squad's empty table. Squad had gone for a ride for some gas and they had said they would be gone for a little while. She would have enough time to do some homework undisturbed. Groaning at the thought alone of doing work, she pulled out three books- Maths, Chemistry and Spanish.

A few hours had passed and she had attempted two of the three tasks, but she knew they were not to a very high standard. Her frustrations grew when she tried to translate a speech from Spanish to English about favorite leisure activities.
"When on earth am I going to need to know what José's favorite sport is?" She mumbled angrily, jumping when she heard a short laugh from behind her.
"Well at least you understood the name. " The unfamiliar woman joked. Marley laughed slightly.
"Can I help you?" She asked quite rudely, the woman frowning as she struggled to think where she'd seen the woman before. The woman narrowed her eyes slightly, sensing that the girl before her was going to annoy her.
"My name's Devin?" When Marley just stared at her she rolled her eyes. "Devin? I'm Shay's girlfriend." Marley coughed slightly, shocked by this sudden reveal.
"Leslie Shay's girlfriend?" Devin nodded. "She never told me." Devin smirked and rolled her eyes again.
"You her sister or something?" She questioned. Marley shook her head.
"I'm her roommate, Kelly's, adopted daughter. I live with her, Kelly and Otis." Marley said and saw Devin's eyes soften slightly at the mention of her being adopted.
"Cool. Where are they now?"
"They got called out, so did everyone else, they've not been gone for long so they could be a while. It's just me here right now, oh and the receptionist." Marley stated. Devin decided that it would be worth befriending the young girl if her and Shay got more serious than they were as she would be spending more time at Shay's.
"Mind if i stay with you here until they get back?" Marley looked shocked for a second, before grinning.
"That depends. You any good at Spanish?"

After 30 minutes, the ambulance and firetrucks rolled back in, honking as they parked to announce their arrival. Shay was shocked to see Devin at the firehouse, and even more shocked to see her talking happily to Marley. Immediately, she rushed over to the two. Devin looked up.
"Oh hey babe. I bumped into Marley and we got talking."
"Yeah, I can tell." Shay laughed nervously, worried that Marley would get annoyed that she hadn't told her.
"I can't believe you never told me about her Shay!" Marley laughed, not offended yet still confused.
"Well, we haven't been together that long and I know what you can get like if you get attached too soon." Marley frowned.
"Oh, okay. Well, I better go start getting ready."

An hour later, Marley was washed, dried and getting dressed. She was nervous about her outfit. Cleo had picked it out for her when Marley had said she was going in jeans and blouse. The outfit wasn't slutty, but it was more showy and grown up than anyone at the firehouse had ever seen her in. She had picked a dark red patterned crop top that stopped just above her belly button, paired with some black shorts that cut off very high and showed her stomach. Sighing, she decided to put on her white converse rather than the six inch stripper heels Cleo had lent her and put her black and white cardigan on above it. She looked more respectable. Walking out of the room, she hesitantly walked into the communal area where everyone was sat, including squad on this rare occasion. She coughed slightly, hoping to just get Joe's attention, but the entire room turned to stare at her. Letting out a low whistle, Joe stood up.
"You ready?" Marley nodded and Joe left to get his keys.
"Who are you trying to impress?" Clarke asked with a raised eyebrow. Marley blushed and was shocked when she thought of Leon.
"Noone." Kelly raised his eyebrow now.
"Aren't you a little over-dressed if you're wanting to not impress anyone?" He asked and Marley frowned.
"Well I think you look beautiful!" Shay stated and Devin and Gabby both agreed.
"Okay Marls, have fun tonight. No drinking, okay? You're still on those pain meds that get messed up with alcohol. Be safe. Remember I've extended your curfew to 1am, but remember you'll be back here tomorrow at 5 with us so if you want to be home sooner just call me. I love you." Kelly recited and Marley grinned at him.
"I know, thanks Kel. See you then." and with that, Marley and Joe were out the doors.

After stopping briefly to pick up Leon, they arrived at Elliott's house. Cars were all over the street and there was loud music being played inside the house that could be heard from a street away. Marley's stomach churned as she realised more people were going to be there than Elliott had let on. Leon quickly jumped out of the car and opened Marley's door for her, helping her out the truck. This made Marley blush and Joe grinned slightly, seeing the budding relationship the two had.
"Leon, be careful, look after Marley. Marley, look after Leon." He laughed before driving away.

Leon stared at Marley for a second, whilst they stood outside the house. Marley noticed and blushed.
"What?" She asked, shoving him playfully.
"You look absolutely stunning Marley." He said seriously, making Marley blush even deeper.
"No way. But thank you." She said, as the entered the house. He leaned in and kissed her cheek lightly.
"If we weren't in a room full of sweaty, drunk teenagers right now, I'd kiss you properly." He whispered in her ear before smiling and walking away.
Marley tried to settle the butterflies that were flying in her stomach as her eyes followed his retreating figure. She struggled to silence the thoughts that were screaming that she'd have kissed him too.