30;

Marley had gone to shower as soon as she had returned from her session. She had tired herself out, and she was frustrated that she had allowed herself to overexert herself. When she had returned, she saw that everyone was out, presumably on a call. She sighed and sat at the table in the kitchen, placing her head on her arms. Footsteps interrupted her peace, and when she picked her head up she was surprised to see Jay and Erin in front of her.
"Oh, hi." She greeted with a smile as they approached her and smiled back.
"We have a proposition for you." Erin stated with a small smirk. Marley raised her eyebrow at the pair, but their conversation was interrupted by the members of squad and truck returning to the room. Upon seeing Jay and Erin at the firehouse, with their badges, everyone froze.
"What can we do for you?" Matt asked, stepping beside Marley, almost protectively making Marley grin, but the smile soon dropped when she realised Kelly hadn't given her a second glance- but was staring at Erin.
"We're here for Marley, actually." Jay stated, and immediately everyone began talking at the same time.
"Why?" Kelly's voice was louder than the rest. "What's she done?"

A frown grew on Marley's face. She was offended- the look on his face appeared as though he genuinely believed she had done something wrong, and she was angry and hurt by that.
"She hasn't done anything wrong. We have an offer for you." Erin directed the ending of the sentence to Marley, whose eyebrows raised and a smile grew on her face.
"So, as you know my friend Nadia is working for us as a receptionist kinda lady, to work her way up." Erin began, and Marley nodded. "Well, the phones and things have been crazy busy lately, and she could really use some help."
Jay nodded. "Yeah, so rather than doing interviews to hire someone, we spoke to Voight and the team, and put forward you." Jay smirked at her, and her eyes widened.
"Me?" She asked, pointing to herself. Erin grinned widely at her.
"Yep. Voight knows how much you want to work on the team and how much of a reliable and dedicated person you are, so he said sure. So if you're down for it, come to the station with us and we can talk more about getting you ready for the job?" Jay smiled at the teenager before him.

Voight new it was unorthodox to employ someone so young onto the team, but he knew she deserved a shot at starting on the career path she wanted. He couldn't put her straight on the team, for obvious reasons, but he could help her work her way up.

Marley eagerly left with Jay and Erin, and upon Erin's request and Jay's distain, Erin drove and the newest member of the team got shotgun. All the way to the station, the smile never left Marley's face. And upon arrival, even Trudy gave her a smile. An action that was saved for only the most special of occasions. The gates to where the team was were opened and she hesitantly walked through.
"Marley!" Antonio greeted upon seeing her, embracing her into a tight hug which she gladly returned.
"Hey Antonio! How are you?"
"How am I? How about you?!" He grinned as he took in her smile, he was thrilled she looked happy.
"I'm great, really."

Voight left his office when he heard talking. He paced over to Marley and Antonio and stared at her intensely. She stared back, less intensely but still, stared all the same.
"Do you think you have what it takes to be a member of this team?" He asked sternly. She blinked.
"I'd like to think so, Sir. But I really respect what your team does for this city, and I'm so eager to learn from you all, Sir."
The team behind the pair smirked together. Marley had said pretty much exactly what they knew Voight wanted to hear, and they knew how happy that will have made him. He held his stern look for a while longer, before a smile broke out on his face.
"Welcome to the team kid." He said, shaking her hand. Marley visibly relaxed and smiled wider than she ever thought to be possible.
"Thank you so much Sir, I promise you won't regret it." Voight smiled at her once more, and nodded.
"Nadia will show you the ropes and what to do, and we'll talk about when we need you later on." Marley nodded at him, thanking him again. "Oh, and please don't call me Sir. Voight, or Hank, will do."