33;

Marley was spending the afternoon at the firehouse, after she had been dismissed due to Peter and Sylvie going missing. Voight knew she would end up putting herself in danger, or simply would get in the way, so he had Kim and Sean drive her to where she would still know what was happening but wouldn't be involved. She was secretly thankful for that- if she had stayed she knew she wouldn't have been able to stay focused on her job, and Nadia would be able to handle it.

Donna and Chief Boden had been arguing for days. Boden wanted the baby to have his last name, but Donna wanted him to have a double barreled surname. Naturally, with them both being two of the most stubborn people in the country, never mind just the state, the argument had lasted for a stupidly long time.

Truck 81 had been taken off call due to Cruz refusing to leave the investigation and Gabby leaving shift. With the paramedics still missing and Gabby gone; Donna going into labour suddenly was a shock to say the least. Because she had some basic first aid training, Marley rode with them in the back of the Squad truck. But no amount of training could prepare anyone for what they would have to do when the baby was out.

Boden had his newborn son cuddled in his jacket as Kelly and Newhouse held Donna up, congratulating the pair. Marley couldn't explain what happened next; she noticed the baby hadn't cried yet, and he was dangerously still. Everyone else was too interested in staring to notice, but she was quick to act.
"Chief, give me the baby." She ordered urgently, but he was slow to react. "Damnit, he's blue! I need to help him." She snapped, and worry became clear on everyone's face, and hesitantly the baby was handed to her. She checked for a pulse, but when she felt nothing her heart dropped.

Performing CPR on anyone was hard, and Marley had experienced it more than her fair share, but performing it on a newborn baby in front of it's parents was heartbreaking. Thankfully, they arrived at the hospital fairly quickly and she halted CPR. Immediately, a cry escaped the baby's lips, and she let out a sigh of relief. The doctors had been informed of the situation whilst they were en route, and fired questions at Marley.
"I've been doing CPR for around six minutes, he's just now cried but he's still blue." She explained. After a quick check over, the doctor smiled at her.
"The colour is because he's been without oxygen, he has a strong pulse and he's breathing unassisted." A nod was exchanged as Donna was sat in a wheelchair and Boden followed quickly. "This young lady here has saved your son's life."

Donna and Wallace raced after the crew as they took the baby inside, neither of them at the time sparing Marley a glance, but that wasn't due to ungratefulness, it was due to panic that even though their child was alive, he wasn't all of three minutes ago. Marley felt frozen. She couldn't process what she had done, and after the last time she performed CPR unsuccessfully, she didn't want to be around to see what happened.
"Can we go?" She asked quietly, looking down. The members of Squad 3 were confused, and slightly baffled.
"Don't you wanna go see the baby, Marls?" Kelly asked, though he was beginning to realise what she was getting concerned about.
"No." She said firmly, shaking her head. "No, I want to go." Kelly frowned, turning to the men around them.
"You guys go ahead, see if there's anything we can do for now. When you're done, come back and we'll go to the firehouse." The look he gave them told them not to argue, and they didn't.
"What's going on?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. She shrugged him off.
"Nothing."
"This is about Shay, isn't it?" He asked softly. A fire grew in her eyes as she glared at him.
"Don't, Kelly. Don't you dare. If you won't take me home then I'll call someone else."

Kelly raised his hands in defence.
"Okay kid, where do you wanna go then? Home or the house?"
"Neither. I don't want to be alone, but I'll get smothered at the house." She said, watching as the Squad members returned. "Look, you lot go back to the house, I don't want to hold you up. I'll give Jay or Antonio a call and see if I can help out there with anything." She explained, and Kelly could tell it wasn't an arguement.

The squad 3 truck drove away, and Marley decided to ring Nadia, as she assumed that everyone else would be busy. She answered immediately.
"Marley!"
"Hey Nads, if you're not busy, I'm at Med, and I could do with a lift?" Nadia agreed, but Marley could tell something was off with her. She seemed frantic, panicky even. Marley put that down to the stress of the day, she knew Nadia was also stressed with planning Erin's birthday party, so she didn't think much of it.

It was only when Nadia's car pulled up and a gun was pointed at Marley that she realised how much of a bad situation they were in.