29;

Marley had got away from the fire with only a few burns and smoke inhalation. She was gutted about Herrmann's home being destroyed, but he assured her that there was little in the house other than her that she cared about getting hurt, considering all his family was already out of the house. She was relieved, but it didn't take away from the fact that whilst their home was being built up, she would have to stay with Gabby and Matt, and that brought the issue of Kelly.

She forgave him for abandoning her. She had admitted that to him when she was in the fire. But forgiving was easier than forgetting. She didn't trust him fully, and that was partly why she was so apprehensive when it was decided they would be living together again.

Kelly was trying. He was trying desperately to rebuild the relationship he had with Marley, although he knew it may be a futile effort. He knew she forgave him for leaving her, but he also knew she didn't trust him at all, and whilst she was being nice enough to him, it wasn't the same, and he was worried it never would be. To make things so much better for their situation too; Kelly decided she needed some space- and was going to Vegas.

She had gone with Kelly, Matt and Gabby to the firehouse for their shift. She liked spending time with everyone, but when they arrived and almost immediately Capp and Tony insisted that they practiced for 'Vegas', she felt hurt instantly. She allowed her eyes to roll and walked away from the squad table, trying to be discreet about her mood but failing, as she usually did. Matt followed her inside, and saw that she was heading straight to his office area. He followed her in, unsure if she was aware he was following her.
"He really is absolutely clueless, isn't he?" She sighed, throwing herself face first on the bed. "Like he should literally have 'hey everyone I'm an idiot' tattooed on his forehead." She said, her voice slightly muffled by the sheets. Matt smirked slightly, shoving her so she would turn over.
"He thinks you need space." He explained, and she raised her eyebrows at him. "Hey, I didn't say it was the right reason." He said, laughing and raising his hands in surrender. She shook her head, smiling at him as he sat besides her.
"He just really confuses me. One minute he's full on, trying to spend time with me, then the next he's going to Vegas for a holiday." She smiled down at her hands, picking at her nails as she spoke.
"I know kiddo, I think he's confused too. Maybe you could speak to him? He isn't due to leave until the end of this shift." He suggested, looking down at her. They held eye contact for no longer than a few seconds, before she looked away again, shrugging.
"I don't know, I don't want him not to go if he wants to go- he's finally getting happier after..." she hesitated, and Matt frowned, knowing she meant Shay's death. "I don't want to get in the way of that, you know?" She smiled, trying not to look upset. Matt sighed, knowing she was always one to put others in front of herself, and put his arm around her shoulder, hugging her quickly.
"Well kid, you've got 24 hours before he leaves, you do what you think is best, and we'll support you whatever you do."

Marley decided what was best to distract her was to go to the gym. It was 10am and she had fallen asleep after Matt had left her, but only for three hours. She had also brought her gym clothes with her, as she had originally intended to go later. Everyone was in the lounge area when she walked out, her bag on her arm.
"You're finally not asleep I see." Peter joked as she walked out. She laughed, and smiled, and gestured to her gym bag.
"I'm gonna head to the gym, I'll be back soon?" She asked, but knew none of them would mind anyway. When no one protested, she left to where Squad 3 were sitting.
"Kelly?" She said when she approached, noticing that he seemed into a game of some sort of cards he was playing. Probably practicing for Vegas, she thought bitterly. "Kelly?" She asked again, more firmly when he didn't respond.
"I'm a little busy baby. Getting ready to bring us some big money home." He said, shooting her a side glance. He didn't notice her smile drop, and her facial expression visibly change into a frown, but everyone else did. Capp frowned at her, and nodded towards Clarke, who lightly smacked Kelly in the arm, so he would actually show his daughter some interest. He noticed her bag almost immediately.
"Are you going somewhere?" He asked, putting his cards down and finally turning to face her properly. Marley looked to the floor.
"Just the gym, I just wanted to let you know." He frowned at her tone of voice, but she ignored it and began to walk off.
"Well do you want a lift kiddo?" He shouted after her, but all she did was shake her head. Kelly shrugged, not thinking much of it, and turned his attention back the game of poker.

Marley paused at the end of the path, and watched Kelly as he threw himself completely into the game of poker. Her eyes rolled and she laughed humourlessly.
"Un-fucking-believable." was the only thing she could think to describe him.

Hello guys, so if you follow this story on Quotev, you'll know that this isn't what originally happened. I decided to edit out the other ending I had done, and just continue it straight away, rather than including an alternate ending. If you're curious, go check out chapter 30 on the Quotev version, but I had been told it wasn't the ending that the story deserved, hence why i haven't included it. Hope you're enjoying the story so far, please remember to vote and COMMENT, I love talking to you guys about my writing and how you guy are, so please comment!!