18;

Marley was hid in Kelly's office whilst they were out on a call. He had collected her from the airport and had taken her immediately to the station. Everyone had left for a call, and Marley had got the receptionist to help her. When they returned, she was going to have the receptionist call an emergency house meeting in the bunk area, and Marley was going to appear. It was fool proof.

The members of firehouse 51 walked back into the house quietly after a particularly difficult call. They had all began to sit down and talk when the alarm system went off. They groaned, expecting another call, but it wasn't.
"All members of Truck 81, Ambulance 61, Squad 3 and Chief Boden are required to go to the bunk room for an emergency meeting- IMMEDIATELY." Everyone exchanged glances nervously, even Boden. Connie could be scary when she was angry and noone liked the sound of authority in her tone that she used. Not wanting to anger the woman further, they all quickly made their way to the bunk room.

Connie was stood, arms crossed and stern look on her face in the middle of the bunks.
"Connie. What can we do for you?" Chief Boden asked with a smile on his face. Connie frowned at him.
"I was going to bring you all in here and shout about the rotting sandwhich that I smelt and found under the bed over there," she said, pointing at Otis' bunk. Everyone glared at him, and his eyes widened. "But, someone wants to talk to you all." And with that, she left the room, leaving everyone confused. They heard the sound of a door closing, and turned around. At first, they thought their eyes were fooling them, because before them, stood Marley.
"Miss me?" Marley asked, smirking at their shocked faces. That seemed to break them out of their trance and Matt was the first to reach her.
"Marley!" He whispered, kissing her head and hugging her tightly.
"When did you get back?" Peter asked when he approached her. Marley smiled into his hug.
"Like twenty minutes ago. Kel came and got me from the airport and brought me here then you all got called out and so, here I am!"
"Well it's great to have you back kiddo." Capp said and hugged her, following Kelly and Tony to the squad table.

In the middle of all the happiness, the alarm rang through, summoning the house. Marley made her way to watch them leave, and sat on the squad table whilst they were gone. She was alone for a while, until a woman approached.
"Hey, can I help you?" She asked the woman politely.
"Maybe. I'm Katie- Kelly Severide's sister."
"Oh, I'm Marley, Kelly's adopted daughter. He told me all about you!"
"He told me all about you too! Actually, thats why I'm here. He asked me to bake cake for your return and deliver it to the house."
"Aw! That's really sweet! They're out right now, but you can stay with me for a while until they get back if you want?"
"That would be lovely!"

The two sat for a while and chatted. Katie purposefully avoided asking about her absense and how she was feeling, because she knew how annoying it could be when people constantly ask if you're okay. Instead they chatted about Katie's work.
"Enough about me- what about you? What do you want to do?" Marley hesitated- no one knew what she wanted to do when she got older.
"Well, I used to want to be a chef too, but cooking for these tired me out. I kinda want to be a paramedic. Seeing Gabby and Shay doing it has made me want to go out and help people. I have first aid training too. But I doubt I'd make it." Katie smiled widely.
"You'd be a great paramedic Marley! Have you spoken to Gabby about this?" Marley shook her head.
"No. I've literally only just got back and I wasn't exactly on track to be around for a future before I went away." Katie frowned at this.
"Well Marley, I'm very glad you're around now for your future. And if you ever need anything call me. I can be like your big sister, or aunt, or best friend. Whatever, but I'm here for you from now on." Marley grinned.
"Thank you Katie. And I think I will speak to Gabby."

Marley was thankful to have another female role model in her life now Shay had gone off the rails. And Katie was her family. Marley could easily say she was happy to be alive. A feeling she hadn't felt in such a long time.