Chapter 6

I held May's hand and drug her along behind me, carefully taking in my surroundings.

We stopped for a break and I gave her a water bottle. "Where are we heading?" She signed. "Somewhere safe." I signed back. She nodded and took a sip from the bottle.

"Do you miss others?" She signed. "Of course, I will never forget them. Think about them all the time." I signed and she leaned her head against my shoulder.

"No no no no." I turned to see walkers bite into her neck, her screams blood curdling. She fell and hatred came over me. I pulled out my pistols and shot every walker in the head, not missing, not caring. When they had all hit the ground, I ran over to her and saw her struggling. "I'm so sorry, May, I'm so sorry." She looked at me and signed "I love you." She closed her eyes and I stood up, and pointed my pistol at her head. "I will see you again, my sister. Someday"

A shot rang out.

I jolted awake in the tree and felt tears running down my face. I quickly wiped them away and looked around. It was silent and there was nothing around. I hopped down and started making my way back to the tree line, but stopped when I saw a deer.

I raised my bow and aimed it precisely. I took a breath and released, the arrow striking it dead. Quickly, I ran over and pulled my arrow out, then picked up the deer, it's body lifeless and surprisingly easy to carry.

As I reached the tree line, I saw Maggie and Glenn sitting on the porch talking. Dale was reading on top of the RV and a woman with straight brown hair was washing clothes. As I walked up, Glenn and Maggie stood up, I dropped the deer on the ground and looked up at them. Glenn came down from the porch and smiled at my catch. "Nice find, hope people don't mind deer for breakfast." I nodded and walked onto the porch, and was about to go inside when Maggie grabbed my arm. "Where did you run off to?" She said, searching my eyes. "Was just in the woods." I could see the worry building up in her eyes. "I'm fine, Maggie." I said and pulled myself from her grip, and set my bag and bow on the porch. I sat down in one of the chairs and she leaned on the house next to me.

As the sun started to rise, so did the people. I walked over to the woman washing clothes and slowly began helping her. "Thanks." She said and I turned to look at her. "No problem." We continued to work as people passed behind us. "The name's Lori." She said and I nodded. When we finished up, she smiled at me and walked away towards the house.

Deciding that we'll need more food, I went back to the porch and grabbed my bow and arrows. I disappeared into the tree line and moved stealthily through the woods. I watched each way carefully, keeping my eyes out for walkers.

I thought I heard breathing and aimed my bow before walking around a corner sharply, coming face to face with a crossbow. "Daryl?" "Scarlett?"

"What are doing out here?" I asked and lowered my weapon, him doing the same. "Hunting, what bout ya?" He said as he crouched to the ground, picking up tracks. "Hunting." He stood up and continued walking, and I decided to follow behind him. "Are you okay?" I asked from behind him and he looked over his shoulder, glaring at me. "Well sorry for making sure you aren't going to die on me out here." I said and walked past him, spotting a squirrel.

I raised my bow and quickly reloaded, and released, the arrow striking it. I walked over and picked it up, but then heard the all too familiar sound of moaning. I looked around and spotted the walker, pulling the arrow from the squirrel and throwing the kill in my bag, I quickly loaded my bow and was ready to release when another arrow struck it. Daryl walked past me to retrieve his arrow and I came up behind him.

"Nice shot." I said and he looked over his shoulder, then down at the walker. I suddenly was alert when I heard another one and raised my loaded bow. Daryl reloaded and aimed as well, searching for the next walker. I searched and finally spotted two walkers heading our way, I tapped Daryl and pointed in their direction. We moved forwards carefully until we reached the walkers.

We both shot and his arrow struck one and mine the other. We walked over and pulled out arrows from their heads, and I reloaded my bow. Suddenly, I was pulled behind a tree, my back against it and Daryl beside me. Then I heard it, at least a group of walkers passing by their moans and growls overlapping each other. Soon the sounds faded and we peeked out from behind the tree. We started walking back, collecting three more squirrels on the way.

A small fire was going and most of the group sat around it, talking and laughing. As I pasted them, most started whispering and staring, Shane watching me with a slight grin on his face. Daryl walked over to Carol and grabbed a plate, then sat down near the fire, but not close to the others.

After a while of seeing Andrea whispering to Beth, who was barely paying attention to her, and then looking up at me, I snapped. "If you got something to say, say it." I said watching her as she stood up and walked over to stand in front of me. "Fine, I was just wondering why you haven't left yet, no one seems to want you here." She smirked and I looked down, then back up at her with a smile. "Well no one wants you here either, but sadly you're still here." I mimicked and she narrowed her eyes at me, then stomped towards the house. Glenn had now came from the house and was moving carefully towards us, but was glancing between us and the barn. When he reached us, he glanced quickly at the barn then at us.

"The barn is filled with walkers."