Chapter 42

Scarlett's eyes shot open as the sound of walkers came through the prison, using the rest of the energy she had she ran to the cell door and flung it open, pulling her knife from her belt. She went down the stairs fast as chaos raged below. A walker had fallen on Hershel and a woman had pulled it off as a man held up a gun. A walker had came up behind him, biting into his arm and causing him to shoot.

The shot echoed and Maggie and Rick outside heard the shot. Maggie ran as Scarlett stabbed her knife into the walker's skull as the another bit into the man with the gun. His gun firing again as Hershel moved away. Lizzie lead Henry, who was now a walker, away from a vomiting Glenn. Scarlett ran her knife through another walker's skull as Hershel ran upstairs, Lizzie screaming as she tripped and the walker fell onto her. Hershel quickly pulled the walker off and threw it over the railing while Scarlett's blade ran into the walker and the man with the gun, silencing them both. Scarlett closed cells as Hershel stabbed Caleb, who now was a walker, to get to his guns.

Outside, more chaos was happening as Rick and Carl set up beams. Suddenly, the beams broke causing the fence to collapse and them to run to one of the watchtowers as a horde of walkers piled into the walkway.

Hershel grabbed one of the shotguns as Scarlett came up panting. "Here, take it." He said, tossing her a shotgun and some ammo. He could see that she was still weak, but right now she was the strongest one he had. Scarlett cocked the shotgun and ran off towards walkers, firing and aiming precisely at their heads. Hershel went to the staircase and was about to shoot a walker when he glanced at the children watching him. He moved back where they couldn't see him and killed the walker off.

Rick and Carl were on a killing spree outside as walkers continued to move through the fence, but they shot them off with assault rifles. The walkers fell quickly, but we're quickly replaced by others. Meanwhile, Maggie shot the glass window of the room where she saw her father, climbing in.

Hershel moved to Glenn, turning him on his side to remove the blood from his mouth. Scarlett guarded Hershel, her senses on high alert, watching for walkers that wanted to come near. "Hold on, Glenn." Hershel pleaded as Glenn coughed up more blood. "We need..those..meds now, where..the hell..are they!" Scarlett shouted as she aimed for another walker's head, shooting it. Suddenly, Hershel quickly stood to his feet. "We have something. We still have it." He ran off while Scarlett watched over Glenn, not wanting anymore people she cared about to die.

Hershel saw Henry with the bag still on his mouth and struggled to get it from him. He fought the walker as Maggie ran up and saw them, aiming her gun at the walker. "No! You could hit the bag, we need it for Glenn!" Hershel shouted, but Maggie focused her aim. Her bullet pierced the skull of the walker, leaving the bag unharmed as Hershel grabbed it from the walker's face. "Where is he?" Maggie asked fearfully. "He's up here. Cell 100. Scarlett is with him."

Maggie ran up the stairs and saw Scarlett sitting next to Glenn as Maggie quickly lift up Glenn's head and held it in her hands. "He's turning blue!" She shouted to her father as Glenn struggled, blood running from his mouth. "Open his airway! I'm coming!" Scarlett threw her gun on the bed and helped Maggie turn Glenn on his side. "Turn him on his back." Hershel instructed them as he came up and they did so as Glenn gurgled blood. "Dad." Maggie said and opened Glenn's mouth as Hershel prepared the things he needed.

"Hold his arms down." Scarlett and Maggie held Glenn's arms down as he struggled. "Come on, Glenn." Scarlett whispered as she struggled to keep his arms down, sweat running over her skin. "Come on, son. Come on. You know how this works." Hershel said as he moved a tube down Glenn's throat, clearing his airways. "Just relax. Stay with us." Hershel said as he connected the air bag and begin to lightly squeeze it. "Stay with us. Stay with us." Hershel said to Glenn as he pumped the air bag. Soon Glenn's gurgling stopped and his breathing went back to normal, Scarlett moving away from Glenn and wiping the sweat from her forehead.