Chapter 10

I pulled up with Daryl right behind me, and saw people stepping out of the house. I walked up to the house and saw Maggie smiling at me, along with Lori, Glenn, Rick, and Dale. "It good to see you're still alive and fighting, Scarlett." Dale said and I chuckled. "Glad to see you're doing the same." I saw Shane walk out of the house and glare at me. "Scarlett." He said plainly. "Shane." I hissed and turned to Daryl, who was watching Shane attentively. "I think there's something that you all should know about me." I said, my gaze not faltering from Shane's. I walked onto the porch and into the farmhouse as the others followed me.

My eyes flicked over everyone of them, waiting for some response. "What did this man do to you?" I looked down at my hands and then back at Lori. "Let's just say, there's a long list." I said and she gave me a weak smile. "You tried to protect them, even though y'all weren't related." Beth said and I nodded my head. "I think that's honorable." I gave a small laugh. "Thank you." I then turned to Carol, who seemed confused about the whole thing. "Tell me you didn't kill her or hurt her and then leave her for dead." She said and looked up at me. "Sophia." I kept her gaze. "I never met her and if I did I would have brought her back. She seemed like a sweet girl." Carol smiled and I turned to Rick. "How do we know that's true?" He asked and I stood up, standing in front of him. "You don't, but I'm hoping that you trust me." I said, watching him. "And if I don't." I pulled my knife from my side and pressed it to my palm with the "T" on it, and saw him spot it. "If I was liar, a "L" would be marked on my palms, but instead I was a traitor for protecting strangers. You don't have to believe me, but I would never lie to people I have learned to trust." I slid my knife into its holster and stuffed my hands into my pockets. "We can't trust her." Shane said, but Rick ignored him and gave me a small smile. "Thank you." I whispered and sat back down. "Anyone else?"

I was standing near the barn with Daryl and Rick. "Do you mind if I see him?" I asked Rick and he just motioned to the door, giving me permission. I walked inside to see a boy handcuffed and blind folded. "Hi, Randall." I said, walking around him as he perked up at hearing my voice. "Who are you?" He said, his voice wavering, but still holding confidence. "I don't think that's any of your business." I said and crouched down next to him. "How bout you tell me about your friends?" I asked politely. "How bout, no bitch." I gave a fake chuckle and then gripped his face, digging my nails into his cheeks. "Watch who your speaking to, boy." I said fiercely and he gulped. I released his face and stood back up, walking from the barn. "He won't speak." I said as Rick and Daryl turned to me. "I think maybe it's time I had a chat with em." Daryl said and walked into the barn. "What are you thinking about doing, Rick?" I asked him as we walked away from the barn. "I'm not sure, it's up to the group to make the final decision." He said. "It seems wrong to hold this boy's life in our hands and play judge." I said and stuffed my hands into my pockets. "But decisions must be made." Rick said, walking towards the RV.

I saw Dale sitting on the porch and walked over to sit next to him. "Ah Scarlett, how are you?" He asked and I smile back at him. "I'm doing good, as good as surviving the apocalypse, can get." He chuckled and fixed his hat. "We all are glad that you are back, it's just not the same without you around." He said and picked up a book. "Well, it's good to be back." I said and turned to see Daryl coming from the barn.

Rick gathered us around and Daryl told us the information he had gotten from Randall. "Boy has a gang around 30 men, they come through here our men are dead and our women.....they're gonna wish they were." I felt my skin crawl and rubbed my arm. "I'd feel better if we had a plan to handle this." Lori spoke up. "Maybe we can try and drop him off a ways from here again." Andrea said and glanced at me, I scowled at her and she turned away. "He's a threat and the only way to deal with this would be to eliminate the threat. No one goes near him." Rick walked away and the others followed behind him.

I was sitting near the fire when Daryl sat down next to me. When I glanced down I could see that his knuckles were bloody and I grabbed his hand, which surprised him at first. I gently touch the knuckle and he winced, I got up and walked over to my bag pulling a water bottle from it. I sat back down and took his rag from his pocket, then grabbed his hand. "I'm fine, Scar." I rolled my eyes and wet the rag, and lightly pressed it on his bloody knuckles. "What do you think we should do with Randall?" I asked, not making eye contact and still dabbing his wounds with the wet cloth. "Don't really matter to me." I looked up at him as he turned to look at the fire. I continued to clean his hand and then shoved his rag in my pocket, so I could wash it later. "How does it feel?" He looked at me and then moved his hand, painlessly. "Sore, but it'll be fine." I gave him a small smile and he awkwardly leaned in, placing a kiss on top of my head.

"Scarlett." Dale came running over and I looked up from making new arrows. "What's up?" I asked as I created a head for my arrow. "We need to spare Randall." I set down the finished arrow and started on the next one. "I don't know Dale, the consequences for sparing him could cause trouble."

"He deserves a chance to prove himself, to live." He argued.

"Maybe, but we could be risking the lives of everyone here."

"What if it was you tied up in that barn, you would want people to give you a chance, right?"

"I didn't try to kill the people here." I said and placed a head on an arrow.

"Just think about, Scarlett, I know you know this is wrong." I watched him leave and went back to work, going over everything.