Chapter 15

(6 months later)

I knocked on the door of a house and listened for a walker inside. I slowly opened the door and moved inside, my knife in front of me. Glenn and Daryl moved behind me and Glenn search the bottom floor while me and Daryl searched the top floor. I opened a door and looked inside, clear, then I moved to the next one. I slowly opened it and stepped inside, nothing. I stepped out and met Daryl, who had checked the other rooms and was holding a owl. I rolled my eyes and continued with the search.

We walked downstairs to meet Glenn. "Found some food and blankets, and there might be ammo, but it's in a lockbox." I walked into the room and spotted the box on the floor. I left and went into one of the bathrooms, searching the drawers. Finally finding what I was looking for, I went back to the room and used the bobby pin and my small knife to try and open the lock. "What are ya doing?" I looked over my shoulder and glared at Daryl. "Trying to focus." I turned back and moved the bobby pin up some, and turned the mechanism inside. I tried to find the next spot by moving the pin up and down. Finally, I got it in the right spot and turned, causing the lock to open. "Okay, please don't make this all for nothing." I opened it and a giant grin spread across my face. Ammo. The inside of the lockbox was piled full of ammo.

"Nice job." I smiled and handed him the box. "Take this to Rick and tell him that everyone can come in." He nodded and went to go tell the group. I walked over to Glenn, who was looking at the food he had found. "How much do we have?" I asked him and he turned to look at me. "There's 19 cans of food in here, along with 4 water bottles. It's a good find, but we need to find more water if we're going to survive." I nodded and watched as the group walked into the house. "We're going to need more food to, especially with Lori." He nodded and grabbed some of the cans to hand out. Things had been rough these last six month, especially with Lori being pregnant. We're either low on food, water, or fuel and most of us are tired, which causes people to be more irritable.

"Alright, we need people on guard duty and the others need to get as much rest as they can." Rick said. T-dog volunteered for first watch and I volunteered for the second watch. "Alright, so how many rooms are there?" Rick asked. "4 rooms, 3 on top and 1 down here." I answered and moved closer to the group. "Alright, so two people per room, maybe? Lori, Carl, and I will take the bottom room. The rest split between yourselves." I watched as he lead his son and wife towards the bottom room, and then stepped up. "Alright, let's see. Maggie and Glenn you two share a room, Hershel, Beth, Carol, you'll take the room with the two beds. T-dog,—." He sat down in a chair and made himself comfy. "I'm fine, right here." He said and put his arms behind his head. I shrugged and turned to Daryl. "Looks like you're with me." I said, and walked past him as he followed behind me.

Once he entered, he shut the door behind him and looked me as I leaned against the wall. He walked over and placed one arm on the wall and ran the thumb of the other hand across my cheek. He leaned in and I pressed my lips to his as his hand moved to the back of my neck. He moved his hand from the wall and wrapped it around my waist as my hands wrapped around his neck. He slowly ran his hands under my butt and lifted me up, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist. I ran my hand through his hair, that was now semi-long and heard him groan against my lips.

I smiled against his lips and he turned towards the bed, lying me down gently and running small kisses down my neck. His hands ran under my tank top and across my stomach. I brought my hands to his face and pressed my lips to his, while he moved to the bed and I straddled his waist. He wrapped his hands around my back, while I ran my hands through his hair and teased him by lightly run my lips over his. He growled and pressed his lips into mine as I ran my hands down his neck and pushed the leather vest some from his shoulders, him slipping the rest of it off and throwing it to the floor. His tongue ran across my bottom lip and I wasted no time in giving him permission. His hands slipped up my back and I could feel them running over my scars.

I pulled back some and he knew why. He lightly pecked my lips, showing that he wasn't bothered, and I pressed my lips back to his. My hands ran down his stomach and under his shirt. He didn't pull away, but he grabbed my wrist. I pulled back and his blue eyes watched me carefully. I climbed off of him and walked over to my bag, I looked over to make sure he was still watching, and lifted my shirt off exposing my scars. They ran across my back and were different shapes, some jagged, and some straight.

I felt his hand run across my back, tracing each scar. He then placed his face near my neck, his warmth breath running across my neck, as I tilted it to the side. "They're beautiful." He whispered close to my ear. I turned to look at him and gazed into his blue eyes.

He sighed and slowly back up, raising his shirt over head. Scars adorned his body, they covered his chest and back like mine. I saw the scar where he fell on his arrow amongst others and I walked near him, tracing a scar that ran from his chest to his shoulder. He tensed up at the contact, but soon he relaxed and watched me. When I reached his back, I ran my fingers across each scar taking them in. I wasn't afraid of them, like the others would be, I understood them. He tensed up when I touched one near his neck and I lightly pressed my lips to some of the scars. He looked over his shoulder and I looked up at him, he seemed confused, but a small smile caused the edge of his lips to curve.

After a while, I pulled back and grabbed a new tank top from my bag, slipping it on. He moved towards the bed and laid down on his left side. The sun had just set and the last glimpse of sunlight, shown through the window. I had at least 4 hours until my shift and I shuffled over to the empty side of the bed, and faced the wall. Suddenly, Daryl's arm draped over me and pulled me into his bare chest. "So clingy, Hillbilly." I joked and then felt him placed a kiss on the back of my shoulder near his face. I smiled, it was the shoulder that he had shot me in and though it was not the best memory, I kept with me. "Whatever, woman." He grumbled.

A knock came at the door and I reluctantly got up, grabbing my jacket and bow along with some arrows. I opened the door halfway and saw T-dog. "Your shift." I nodded and shut the door behind me quietly. The house was silent and pretty dark, but for some reason it felt safe. I was surround by my new family, the people who I trust the most, and I hoped that would never change. I made my way outside and leaned next to the door, I then quickly poked my head inside and asked T-dog for his knife, which he kindly gave me. I took watch, taking in the surroundings and feeling the cool breeze against my face.

After an hour, the door to the house opened and Daryl stepped out into the cold. "What are you doing up?" I asked, but he moved away and turned the corner of the house. I heard moaning and turned my head, to see a walker coming down the street. I aimed my bow and was about to fire, when it was struck and fell to the ground. I saw Daryl walk over and pull his arrow from its head. He then walked over to me and leaned next to me. "Couldn't sleep." I looked up at him and he looked down at me. I heard more moaning and quickly aimed my bow, two walkers were making their way towards us. I released and the arrow struck one of the walkers, I walked up and pulled T-dog's knife from my pocket, flipping it open and striking the walker in the head. I pulled the knife from its head and closed it, then pulled out my arrow from the other walker. I headed back towards the house and Daryl held out his crossbow. "I'm good." I said, but he grabbed my bow and placed the crossbow in my hands. I rolled my eyes and loaded the crossbow. I heard another walker coming down the road and sighed. I aimed the crossbow and struck the walker dead on. I turned back to Daryl, who had raised an eyebrow. I chuckled and walked over to grab the arrow as I did I heard more moaning, and quickly ripped the arrow from the walker's head and aimed it.

I froze at seeing the walker and dropped the crossbow to my side.

"May?"