Chapter one

Chapter one

I glance over the last few sentences of Pride and Prejudice. "Baby" a voice says coming closer to me.

I feel him place his face in the crook of my neck.
"I'm tying to read" I say.

"You have already read it a hundred times" he states.

"So, it's an amazing book" I say without looking at him.

"But you already know what happens" I feel his arms wrap around me.

"Well it still surprises me every time."

"You want a surprise" he ask?

Before I could turn and ask him what he meant I was tackled. Lips connected to mine instantly. I couldn't help but let out a laugh. He slowly makes his way to my neck. "Ha" I chuckle.

"You like that" he laughs back at me.

"Stop" I say hitting his back.

"Babe stop" I say again.

I then feel him bite down on my neck. "Ouch stop that" I say as I cringe.

"Say you like it" he says with his teeth grinding together.

"I-I don't" I say.

With that he jumps up and turns away from me. "Leave" I point at the door.

"I was just letting you be happy and you put me through this" he says pointing at his heart.

"I said to leave. I don't want you here" the words left my mouth.

I didn't mean that. What is going on?

He turned and grab his already packed bag on the bed. "I'm giving you one more chance. Do you still me want me to leave" he ask?

I stare into his blue eyes. I almost got lost in them.

No I don't want you to leave! Why would I ever want you to leave. I am so in love with you.

"YES! Leave now! I hate you" my lips feel dry.

I didn't say that! With that Bailey leaves the room.

I bolt up with sweat running down my face. With me having the same dream for weeks but in different ways I get frustrated. I throw the blankets off of my body and stand up. Trying to catch the air that just left my body. I glance at the door and the words escaped my mouth, "Bailey come back."

After 4 months I still thought Bailey would jump out any time now and say "Boooo gotcha beaches."

I stare at the blank wall in front of me as I try and process everything that just happen. When Bailey first left I would re-read the letter over, and over and over until I memorized it.

Therefore it was in my head, and the worst party about it is. It wouldn't go away. The words stayed and haunts me every day, every night. Still coming up with horrible nightmares.

I was gonna confess how I felt towards him.
But he left. He left to start a new life and stay away from me. It broke my heart that I was feeling this way. But I have to push it aside and wait until he comes back. If he comes back..

NO! He will come back. I am so sure of it!

I lay down and push all those thoughts past me. I need sleep. I need a deep sleep.

________________

When I walk into the class room I look around for a seat. Either beside Elliot, aka my ex. Boyfriend or beside this girl I've never met. I pretend to juggle the options in my head but in all reality I knew which seat I wanted.

I walk over to the girl. "Hey. Can I sit here" I ask the girl?

"Sure thing" she nods her head as she moves her bags out of the way.

When I place my things down I feel a buzz go off in my pocket.

You could have sat with me. I'm fine with it- Elliot

I frown alittle knowing deep down he is not over me. I feel bad.

Oh I didn't know. -Rilen

Don't lie. You know I will always be fine with you. <3 -Elliot

Wow. I turned my phone off and stuffed it into my pocket. Professor Annalise comes in. "Okay class so let's get ready. It's gonna be a long class."

Within 35 minutes of class I made friends with the girl beside me. Her name is Brittley and this is her 2nd year. She is really sweet, and also she is currently in a single dorm by herself. I know how she feels right now.

I catch Elliot staring at me. I don't wanna talk to him nor look. But my head snaps towards him before I could even stop it. I look over catching eye contact. "Check your phone" he mouthed.

God I really need to work on my sudden instinct. I turned my head acting like I was grabbing my phone. But I really just rolled my eyes. I turn back towards him wishing he would just shut up and leave me alone. "It's dead" I lie.

He makes a sad face. I just shrug my shoulders and go with it. We both lean back. I'm really getting tired of this. Elliot finds a way just to text me at least every day. "You can go sit with your boyfriend if ya want" Brittley said.

I form a straight line with my lips. "He's not my boyfriend" I say.

She leans forward and turns to look at him. "Why not? He is kind of cute and it seems like he is into you" she says still staring at him.

"He is my ex. boyfriend" I decide just to tell her.

"Oh" she leans back and crosses her legs. "In that case he is a dirtbag."

I can't help but chuckle. I just met this girl and she already hates my ex boyfriend. "It's okay I broke up with him."

"Okay good because he is super hott" she fans herself.

"You go for it" I put a thumbs up, "he is a keeper."

_________________

After spending an hour and a half in that long class I headed to the shack. But not without running into lover boy Elliot.

"Hey Ri" he walks up placing his hand on my shoulder.

So Elliot does know that I have a thing for Bailey. But Elliot also knows that Bailey left. But that doesn't change anything between Elliot and I, and I don't think that he understands that.

"Hi Elliot" I force myself to say.

"How has your day been" he ask?

"Pretty good but I kind of got bored in there" I laugh.

I mean I don't wanna lose Elliot as a friend because he is a wonderful guy. "Yea" he runs his hands through his hair. "You should have sat next to me that way I could have entertained you" he winks at me.

I raise my eyebrows. "Well I gotta head back to my room" I point forward.

"Alrighty see you around ba- I mean Rilen" he says walking away.

I turn to glance back at him. He shakes his head and mumbles things under his breath. He almost called me babe. I feel so bad. So bad!

I'm currently on my way to the shack when I see Chase come up to me. "What's good Riley" he ask me?

My eyes light up as I look at him. Bailey called me that.

*--------------*

-omg! I'm so excited for this book to start!

-WHO IS READY? TELL ME YOUR NAME IN THE COMMENTS!

-also don't forget to hit that like button!

-Maddddie out!💜