Chapter Thirty-one

I will be posting chapters 29,30, 31

Question of this chapter:
Favorite movie on Netflix?

My answer:
Everyone said Bird Box was stupid but I watched it and it actually wasn't that bad. But the bird box challenge is stupid(just saying)

Chapter 31

Like I said getting up at 6 in the morning was not my favorite thing to do. I roll out of bed and let my feet touch the hardwood, slowly pulling back because of how cold it was.

After a second of me calming down I then stand up and booked it to the bathroom. I walk in to see Bailey shirtless flexing into the mirror. "Oh oops" I say real quick and turn the other way.

"It's okay Rilen" he confirms with me.

"I just need to pee" I say to him.

"It is okay you can come use it. It's not like I've already seen that" he bites his lip at me.

I give him a look and refuse to go in while he is in there. He huffs and walks out. "You are so funny Rilen" he says standing away from me.

"What is so funny" I asked very confused.

"It's funny like you want nothing to do with me but um the other day you were saying the complete opposite" he whispers the last part in my ear with his hand on my shoulder.

I let out the huge breath I didn't know I was even holding in. Then the words escaped my mouth. I wasn't even prepared for what I just said. "Are you and Madison still a thing" I ask?

He looks at me dead in the eyes. "Why would you think that babydoll" he ask me spinning me around to make full on eye contact?

"I don't know it just seemed odd she was in our room the other day and I wasn't even in the room. It was just you two" I said crossing my arms across my chest.

He places his hand on my cheek. "Don't worry about it."

I inch away from him and walk into the bathroom and slamming the door.

*—————*

I pat down my brand new light pink shirt and my suit pants and suit jacket. I have to hand it to myself, I did pretty great on my outfit all by myself.

I reach into my back pocket pulling out my little mirror and checking if my makeup and hair look fine. I tuck the little hairs sticking out behind him ear. That is so unprofessional if I don't. I reach into my purse and pull out my phone.

*1 new messages*

Have you told Toby yet? -Clare Bear 🐻

I sigh out loud.

Not yet but I will- me

I wish she would just drop it. I will tell him when I want to tell him. Yesterday didn't seem like the right time to tell him because he had Cammila "Miss Hamilton" a voice interrupts my thoughts.

I bolt up and look up to professor Annalise. "Hello Professor" I stick my hand out for her to shake.

She smiles and shakes my hand. "Let's head into the court house" she gives me a head nod in the direction.

I turn right on her heels and follow her. When I enter I see a huge chandelier hanging at least 3 feet from the ceiling. "Let's take a seat right here."

She leads us to the right and we sit in brown seats. When I sit down I immediately cross my legs and sit up straight. Making sure I look perfect. The doors open behind where the judge would sit.

Out comes a women dressed in a robe and her hair pulled back in a strong high ponytail. Everyone jumps up to their feet. "You May be seated" the judge says.

She takes her seat adjusts her glasses. She looks Down for a while reading something. "If you look she is now reading the summary about the case" Annalise says to me.

I shake my head like I already knew. After a second of her reading it. She lifts up her gavel and hits it one good time and the room is silent. "Quiet quiet! We are all gathered here today for case Murdock vs. Daniel" she says in a real stern voice.

I look to the left to see an women in her late 60's and a younger man in his early 30's on the right side of the room. The situation was that Daniels husband passed away. She claims it was a heart attack but Murdock her neighbor says otherwise.

Murdock states Daniel and her husband had been fighting for days and the day he had the heart attack. Wilma came home 4 hours early from work. She started off with cooking dinner.

Professor Annalise stands up, "Your Honor my client is being charged with murder because her neighbor saw her come home to cook dinner for her husband. If anything is suspicious we should be questioning the neighbor and why he was watching my Client."

Murdock's lawyer stood up immediately. "I would like to call Lindsey Daniel up to the stand."

Daniel and Annalise make eye contact. Annalise stands up and let's Daniel walk up there. "Mrs. Daniel would you say that you were abused?"

Annalise stands up fast "Your Honor what does that have to do with anything."

The judge looks at the other lawyer, but before the judge says anything he says, " okay my bad. Let me reword that."

He fixes his button in the front of his jacket. "Mrs. Daniel could you say that your husband hit you multiple times. Therefore you got enough of it-"

"He is badgering my client" Annalise screams but the other lawyer kept going.

"-do you decide you can't go to the police. Nobody will believe a little old women like me. I will go home and put something in his food to end him for good. Admit it! Admit the you killed your own husband to protect yourself!"

"Your Honor stop him from badgering my client" Annalise says louder this time.

"Admit it Mrs. Daniel"

Finally Lindsey Daniel Broke, "I have no pitty for that man. He would abused me every day with his hand, a broom, sometimes he would use tools. He deserved to die, and why is that so bad to want to fix me."

The whole room began to whisper. "Your witness" the other lawyer walked away unbuttoning his jacket.

Annalise looked down and shook her head.

*—————*

Really hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to leave a vote! Thank you to everyone that stayed with me through it all. Even after I wasn't posting for a while

That photo is how I picture Professor Annalise

Instagram: damainmaddie
Twitter: damainmaddie
Snapchat: damainmaddie
Facebook: Maddie Roll
Youtube: Maddie Roll

-Maddie oouuuuut! <3