Awoke From The Unknowing

"What do you mean Four Months? It's only been 3 weeks..."

His eyes fell into his chest and he took a deep breath in. "No. You have been gone for four months. Months that I never want to go through again. Emily....I can't stand to loose you. You're mine. All mine and I would be doing your mother a dishonor if I didn't protect you. We love you."

My heart exploded.

"Dad, I love you too. I never ever want to loose you again. We mean too much to each other. Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to meet you. And when you got shot....it-it killed me. It still does. Everything does. I've been through, I've seen a lot and I don't know what to expect tomorrow or the day after that but from now on we live our lives in the present."

Dean grabbed me into a hug. He squeezed and squeezed me. My headed was flat against his heart. The pulse was strong. He was strong. Sam was strong. We are strong. We are Winchester's dammit!

"Never let me go. Ever."

"I promise. I would rather die." He pulled me away so our eyes were connected. "But from now on we fight everything together. No more putting yourself in front of others. We stand together."

"I'll try. I do what I think is best."

"Well what you think is best is painful to others. I'm just telling you, we're a family. And we stick together."

"I know." I gave him a weak smile.

"Now let's go downstairs. I could use a beer."
I let out a little chuckle and we both stood up and headed down stairs. Sam and Bobby were both in the Den.

"Hey guys-" I started to talked then lost my balance and tumbled into the table.

"Woah...you good?" Dean was behind be and watched to make sure I didn't fall. Sam saw us from the corner of his eye and headed over.

"What's up?" Sam handed Dean a beer.

"Nothing."

"Emily..."

"Dean I'm fine."

"No your not. Sam she just blacked out for a second."

"Did you see anything?" I think Sam was more concerned because he had visions randomly when he dealt with Azazel.

"Kinda."

"Kinda?"

"It was dark. I did see a group of kids. Looked like my age though."

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know Sam."

"Something to do when you were gone maybe? What happened?"

"I don't really want to talk about it."

"Emily if it would help-"

"Sam NO!" Bobby looked over into the kitchen. The house was dead silent. "I-I'm not ready to talk about it yet." It was awkward for a bit so I broke the silence but heading out to the back to sit on the swing.

The April evening felt so calming. I needed moments like these every so often or I was going to burst.

"Hello Emily-"

"Hey Cas. What do you want?"

"I came to see you and Dean. Are you okay?"