[4]

"Like you don't sit back and watch

"Like you don't sit back and watch." Sarcasm filled Jennifer's rough voice as she lunged for Maureen who stood a few feet from her.

"I've had enough and I'm not even the one being fucking tortured." Maureen's tolerance for Jennifer had shot through the roof minutes ago as she grasped the blonde's natural locks.

Colter gripped tightly at his own hair when he found himself stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wanted to grasp his girlfriend's hips and pull her from causing any more trouble. He also wanted to knock the camera that caught this whole scene from Desiree's hand, but even that was outweighed by maybe moving to get helpless Talia.

Sure it would be awkward, but his heart blackened with regret. He should've been the one on the floor fighting Adam, especially because he was in the room much longer than Cal and had watched some stuff unfold.

Whether it was Talia, or Jennifer, or even Desiree— no girl should be assaulted like that. Imagine what would've happened if he had never wondered where Jennifer was, leading neither him nor Maureen up to Talia's bedroom.

Acting on his last thought, he moved towards Talia, the tears still streaming down her flushed cheeks as she stared at the fight her brother was involved in. As his hand met her bony back, she flinched immediately, looking up in complete and utter shock at Colter.

Colter hadn't sent not a look or word her way since that night and she was terrified of his presence and how their next conversation might go— if it ever happened. It was foreign to her how the guy she was basically in love with had taken her virginity like she always wished, moaning out her name and looking into her hazel eyes with love and lust.

However, at the same time it was completely unconditional.

Yeah, the sex had been soothing and lust-filled, but the relationship both before and after were strange. Only sitting next to each other in math, there had never been anymore events between the two. So why did Colter find her so beautiful and irresistible that one specific night? Surely she wore the same simple clothes, her hair still in a low braid and her thick rimmed glasses still sat upon her nose.

Admittedly his mind was foggy that night due to the amount of drink he had sucked in, but truthfully he still found her attractive, not a single thing changing in her appearance from the past few years.

Wrapping the sheets tighter around her body, Colter's calloused hands gripped her elbow and the small of her back to help her from the bed. Clearing his throat awkwardly, he reached down, pulling the sheet up slightly so the scared teen wouldn't trip and fall — something else Desiree's camera would have the pleasure of seeing.

"What a-are y-you doing?" Talia's doe eyes looked up at him, quickly glancing down again when their gazes connected.

"I'm getting you out of h—" Before Colter's lips could mutter another word, Talia's warm skin was ripped from his hands as she fell to the ground. Slight confusion covered the boy's face as he turned to see Jennifer glaring at him.

"Don't you touch her, Jay." She snarled, her beady eyes moving quickly to the girl on the floor before matching his eyes again.

Where had the sudden hatred risen from? Sure Jennifer teased Talia thousands of times, many times he had tried to terminate, but never to this point. A point where she would physically touch the girl and get a dick like Adam to practically rape her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" The question flew from his tongue faster than he could fathom as his eyebrows met harshly in the middle. At this moment he didn't care what he said to Jennifer, she crossed a line that had never been drawn, but was seriously crossed.

Jennifer's glossed lips smacked open ready to match fire with fire, but Maureen's alarming scream broke all current tension in the air and creating its own. Cal's fist stopped its current action, Adam's choke hold on Cal's throat doing the same and Jennifer's rant too as they all turned to look crazily at Maureen.

A hand was glued to her sputtering chest as her gaping mouth gasped fully, her finger pointing to an area by Colter's shoes. Looking to his feet, Colter stumbled back quickly, his ass hitting the wood floor as his heart rate increased rapidly. Desiree was next to scream as Cal flew to his feet to move to the sheet covered body.

Inspecting the area quickly, each pair of frightened eyes sighted the brown tuff of hair that stuck messily to the edge of the nightstand by a thick, red residue. Cal fell to his knees quickly, picking at his sister's arm as she laid motionless on the oak floors, the sheet still covering her naked body.

When no response was given, his hand found the spot where both her neck and head met, checking her pulse that he unfortunately couldn't find.

Despite the puddle of blood that collected behind her small skull, Cal tried shaking her bare shoulders, waiting for her eyes to spring open so she could reassure everyone she was fine.

Tears quickly flew from his eyes as he picked up his sister's cooling head due to the rapid amount of blood loss.

"You killed her!" Maureen shouted, pacing the floor in panic as she stopped to throw a pointed look at Jennifer.

"I didn't kill anyone!" Jennifer sobered up quickly, finally taking in her environment completely.

"Yes, you did! I watched the whole thing." Maureen's voice lowered, the tears on her cheeks showing due to the amount of light in the room.

"I didn't kill her!" Jennifer's volume rose high as everyone was now looking at her. The only one who wasn't was Cal whose eyes had slugged due to the pain as he still hugged his lifeless sister.

"You-you pushed her..." Maureen seemed to be thinking to herself now, though she talked aloud. "You pushed her! She hadn't done a thing to you Jennifer!"

"Guys we're gunna go to jail!" Desiree's voice was heard frantically in the back.

"I'm not going anywhere! I didn't do anything" Adam spoke finally as he stood, his body bloody from Cal's beating.

"The hell you are!" Cal's voice boomed as he pointed a bloody finger to the basically naked teen in the corner. "You're the one who fucking started this. You were touching my sister you sick bastard! If anyone is getting barred, it's you!"

"Desiree turn that goddamn camera off! Why the hell would you film this?" Jennifer's voice screeched before she violently ripped the phone from her friend's hand, shutting it down immediately as if it would permanently rid the device of the footage.

A humorous laugh was heard from the right of everyone. It was coming from Maureen. "You weren't ordering that ten minutes ago. I'm calling the police, you killed her!"

"I didn't kill her!" Jennifer's throat clogged with guilt as she denied what was nothing more than the truth.

"You pushed her." A soft voice in the corner whispered, though everyone heard it in the small gap of silence— something that was scarce in the room for the last hour. The voice belonged to Jennifer's own boyfriend as he sat against the back of the closed bedroom door with his head between his knees.