[7]

"Sorry I'm late

"Sorry I'm late." A smooth, almost velvet-like voice sparked interest in many.

Finishing her current sentence of notes, Jennifer chose to ignore whoever had just arrived until the teacher spoke. Her words causing Jennifer's heart to quicken as she dared to look up.

"And to think you were going to break your streak of no absences," Mrs. Keller's light chuckle flew right past Adam's head, dispersing into thin air as his head shot up from the desk like a rocket.

It seemed as if the sudden silence was infiltrated with a simultaneous gasp from all the students in the class. The stitching sound of pencil against paper was cut short and the few bored sighs were sucked back in amazement.

By the now closed door stood a living, breathing Talia Fox.

The Talia Fox who had died a little less than forty-eight hours ago. The Talia Fox who had died from nearly splitting her head open on her own oak nightstand. The Talia who was supposed to be a few miles into the woods behind her house, buried six feet under.

What in the hell?

It was Talia...but it wasn't. This Talia no longer sported ripped overalls or long denim skirts. Her hair was no longer knotted into a messy braid down her back and her awful thick rimmed glasses were nowhere in sight. Actually she seemed to be in the exact opposite.

Her wardrobe no longer screamed 'help! I'm the pastor's virgin daughter' but instead badass school girl. Her short-shorts just began to show her ass cheeks and showing even more skin was her shirt. It was low cut, showing her C-cups and a sliver of her tanned belly, too. Racy three inch heels adorned her feet and it was as if she had just discovered makeup. Her outfit may have screamed slutty, but her makeup didn't— It was just the right amount to showcase her glowing brown eyes and compliment her full lips.

"Well, please take a seat Ms. Fox so you can catch up," Talia nodded, flipping her luscious brown locks behind her shoulder as she shrugged into her seat in front of Maureen.

Maureen looked back to her friends once the teacher resumed talking, her eyes wide in worry as she gnawed on her lower lip.

'How in the world is this possible?' Her lips moved though no sound escaped.

Adam whimpered loudly too, causing a few heads to turn and look his way again at his weird behavior. Jennifer couldn't help but notice the smirk lighting up Talia's face even if she hadn't turned around and seen Adam's disturbed face.

Talia had heard him somehow and she was happy he was suffering.

Forty minutes later, as the teacher's instructions echoed around the classroom of working on the handout she was passing out, the few friend groups assembled. Maureen almost sprung from her seat, ready to stumble from the now beautiful Talia, but that was quickly exiled when Talia spun around in her chair.

"You look a little pale, Maureen. Is something wrong?" Talia asked, tilting her head in question, similar to how Jennifer always did.

"I'm fine." She squeaked back, licking her suddenly crisp lips as she glanced down to Talia's revealing outfit.

"What are you wearing?" She cringed, immediately pausing to gasp an apology. "Of course I didn't mean it negatively, it...I...it looks—"

"Different?" Talia spoke for her. "I had a very rough weekend" Talia sighed, scrunching her lips in self-pity as she righted the papers on Maureen's desk as if they were her own. "And I decided that some changes needed to be made...starting with my wardrobe"

"This has been a great chat," her voice was sarcastic, "but it seems your friends want you." Talia grasped onto Maureen's chin, her manicured fingernails digging in slightly as she turned the girl's head to show the group in the back looking at her in worry.

Standing from her chair, grabbing her organized books, Talia earned a few looks from others at her random action, but when the bell rang and she smirked to the crowd, they stood too.

Strutting out the door, she almost made the same mistake as always— nearly running into Michael Haze. "Are you ok?" Mike's voice asked very slowly as he wasted no time checking Talia out. Since when had she ever worn something like this? If he hadn't of looked into her eyes, he would have never guessed the girl to be Talia.

"I'm better than alright, I'm perfect." She giggled, giving a seductive wave goodbye.

Thanks for reading xx