[30]

The rain was on going and weighed heavily on Talia's clothes, or Colter's since it was technically his hoodie she wore

The rain was on going and weighed heavily on Talia's clothes, or Colter's since it was technically his hoodie she wore. Earlier in the day, the sky had been nearly postcard-perfect, but now with the clock reaching three in the afternoon, clouds rolling in and the sky opening up, Talia was nearly soaked as she reached the porch to Jennifer's large home.

Knocking lightly on the door, Talia stood back to take a look at the rain drenched neighborhood, watching as the roofs of the cars and mailboxes danced with spray.

Talia half expected one of Jennifer's parents to answer, who she would then have to hypnotize, but surprisingly the young blonde who resembled that of her mother answered.

"Oh, Dear God" Jennifer's head flung back as she blinked rapidly. Looking back to Talia, she made sure to crack the door since the last time she'd seen Talia was when she was forced into an induced coma. "What the hell could you possibly want?"

"I need a favor," Talia sighed, hating to admit she needed help from the girl she hated and who fully hated her.

Talia took a step forward towards the door Jennifer stood at, the rain finally soaking her from head to toe, but Jen's hand shot forward, stopping Talia from moving any closer to the entrance of her house.

"You seriously must be some form of stupid." Jennifer snorted, her hand extending to push Talia off her porch.

"You honestly think you can ruin my senior year, kill all my friends, steal my boyfriend, and nearly kill me... and you need a favor?" She sneered, a scoff accompanying the end of her sentence.

Talia's eyes rolled at Jennifer's dramatics. Ok, maybe she wasn't being dramatic, but both of them knew that Talia could really do anything she pleased. Asking Jennifer was really the kind thing to do instead of forcing her to say yes.

"Yeah, yeah" Talia sighed, waving Jennifer off, her hoodie sleeve slinging a line of water into Jen's face. Growling under her breath, Jennifer too sighed, crossing her arms over her chest as she leant against her open doorframe. The pair stood glaring at each other.

"Look, it's raining—"

"Some holy water could do you good." Jennifer laughed, a smirk finding her glossed lips when Talia's breathing increased in rising anger.

"Again, I need a favor." Talia revolved back to square one, ignoring the clawing of her darkest side which was trying desperately to surface. The nerve Jennifer had to actually touch her, talk back, and then refuse to listen. Obviously this girl had a death wish...not that her life had much of a future.

"What?" Jennifer questioned, her eyebrows raising in suspicion.

"I need a place to stay—" Jennifer's laugh was so loud it completely shocked Talia from speaking.

"Just a few days," Talia reasoned, stepping up onto the porch again. Her eyes held that constant pleading look, but Jennifer called complete bull. Jennifer was smart like Colter, always suspicious and calling her bull which wasn't in Talia's favor at all.