[41]

"Im sorry," Talia mumbled aloud, although it seemed as if she was talking to herself

"Im sorry," Talia mumbled aloud, although it seemed as if she was talking to herself. "Im sorry"

She stood in front of Colter's bathroom sink, her hands on either edge for support as she locked eyes with herself in the rather large mirror. "Im sorry"

"Talia," Colter grunted, pushing himself from the doorjamb to move towards her. "Stop apologizing." Just as he was inches from touching her, she was moving from the sink, moving away from his grasp and towards the shower which was still running.

It's beautiful

Talia thought distractedly as she ran her hands down the sparkling white tile. The shower was nearly the size of her entire bathroom back home. Who in their right mind would ever need a shower this big? If he truly wanted, Colter could host a small party and have enough room to do nearly anything in there.

The tiles gleamed in the bright light that still seemed brighter than normally possible, making the shower that much more appealing. Steam rolled from the pouring water that fell from the ceiling above instead of from the average shower head on the wall most people had.

Tearing open the glass door, which held no smudges whatsoever and even reflected Talia's expression of awe. The sound of running water really hit them now with the door wide open. To the left, along the wall was a panel with more than a dozen options you could choose which regulated water temperature and even pressure.

Immediately, Talia's hands found the edge of her shirt. Again, it was Colter's but she had become so used to wearing his t-shirts, they were practically her own. Lifting her arms and pulling the fabric over her head, she discarded the shirt to the floor, leaving her in her bra and underwear.

It didn't take long for her to feel Colter closing in on her— his strong arms wrapping around her waist from behind, her stomach sucking in in pure angst like it always did when they made contact, and her chest contracting in what came out to be another silent sob. She was done crying, done wiping her hands underneath her sunken eyes to pull back and have her fingertips coated in red serum. The thought of even shedding another tear repulsed her.

Colter pressed a solid kiss to her temple, the feeling so comforting it made her want to weep even more. It was like he knew. It was like he knew how bad she was hurting inside. Like he knew how her insides were charred a deep agonizing black. Despite him and his feelings, the relationships he had thrown out the window and the lives lost, he was still here and willing to understand her.

Spinning in their embrace, Talia worked on removing his shirt, a silent invitation given to Colter to join her while her lips moved against his. "Im sorry," she whispered, pulling from his lips and pressing a soothing kiss to the permanent crown on his chest.

Then she moved to the other side, kissing the cursive initials— a silent apology to Pattie. "I think maybe you should put your shirt back on and go find your mom. Make sure she's ok and then apologize because... I can't." She looked up at him for a split second and not a second longer because she couldn't handle the searing gaze of his caramel eyes.