[18]

"Stay away from him," Jennifer suddenly lashed out, throwing her books onto the table in attempt to scare Talia

"Stay away from him," Jennifer suddenly lashed out, throwing her books onto the table in attempt to scare Talia. In lack of response, Talia hadn't even jumped or turned with a face of alarm. She knew very well who hated her and it hadn't changed since middle school, so it was no surprise Jennifer was running her mouth.

"Tell Colter to stay away from me." Talia teased back, nearly finishing her assignment for the first time in a month or two. Since she'd been back, she hadn't put any effort into schoolwork because that wasn't her main focus. But with her kill list nearly completed, she found herself with a pencil in hand and work in front of her.

She actually kind of missed it.

Before everything went down she was definitely classified as a nerd. Excuse her for liking work and striving to improve her vocabulary or strengthen her ability of mental math, or even putting two chemically reactant compounds together to see what simply could and could not run together. She wanted a bright future and sorry that didn't involve the line, welcome to McDonald's, what can I get for you today?

"You've brainwashed nearly all of my friends and I'll be damned if I let Colter slip into your tricks." Jennifer only sneered as she chose to actually sit next to Talia for the first time in a while.

Jennifer wouldn't admit it to anyone, not even herself, but as of late she found herself standing as far as possible from Talia. For some reason the voice in the back of her mind pushed her relentlessly to find out the answers to her questions. It drove her forward so much that for the first time when she spotted Talia in the library, she couldn't walk past the door, but instead make her way towards the girl.

Talia laughed again, sending Jennifer to roughly push her back into her seat. "Stop fucking laughing all the time, you're just as fucking weird as you were before." Jennifer spoke despite the jaw dropped look she got from Talia. Talia was simply laughing at Jennifer's sudden courage. She knew Jennifer had been keeping her distance and when Jennifer pushed her quite hard, she couldn't help but praise her fortitude.

"I can't help it, you're funny." Talia shrugged nonchalantly, ignoring Jennifer's clenched jaw and balled fists atop the table. She returned to her math equation, number eleven to be exact and Jennifer's sudden appearance had made her lose her train of thought on how she would solve it.

"Talia," Jennifer hummed after she both closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths in an attempt to calm herself. That was always her little exercise Colter taught her when her anger seemed to get the best of her.

"Jenny," Talia's eyes squinted in humor and her lips curled at the same feeling of comicality. She absolutely loved pushing the girl's buttons... it was only fair since Jennifer had relished in the feeling for years.

"Listen really close" Jennifer rasped for the final time as her hand gripped onto Talia's wooden pencil, snatching it from her grip completely. She easily snapped it in half before throwing it to the ground.