[15]

"I'm going nuts," Jennifer screeched, pulling on her boyfriend's arm until they separated from the few people that were left in the quieting hallway

"What are—"

"Shhh," Jennifer placed a finger to Colter's lips, stopping him mid-sentence as her grip on his hand tightened dramatically.

Her piercing eyes glared daringly towards her boyfriend before they jutted past his shoulder to the principal who stood laughing with another two teachers. The two planned on sneaking out (Jennifer actually) but at the last second of spotting her boyfriend, whom she hadn't talked to in three days, she decided to pull him along too.

"Hold your head" she snapped, pulling on his collar a little too roughly as his head bowed towards her own.

"What?" Colter winced, pulling Jennifer's hand from his collar after a few tugs, noticing the small wrinkles her grip had formed.

"Hold your head if you know what's good for you or so help me God," her words became muffled as she barred her teeth in anger.

"Ok," Colter snapped not liking her attitude. Looking around the empty hallway one last time and then from Jennifer to his sweating hand, he placed it to the back of his head. A low groan escaping his throat when Jennifer's hand made hard contact with his cheek.

"What the fuck?" He gaped, his mouth a perfect circle as he looked towards his girlfriend.

"Mrs. Burns" Jennifer's silky voice coated with artificial concern sounded out towards the principal, stopping the current conversation between her and a teacher. "We're heading from gym and Colt here isn't feeling so well, I was going to let him walk to the nurse on his own but he can barely keep straight."

"He is looking faint." She agreed, giving Colter's shoulder a light squeeze. Stealing a side glance towards her own boyfriend, Jennifer noticed he was feigning sick pretty well. His lips were slightly chapped, his cheek burned a bright red from her slap and his eyes couldn't seem to focus. "The nurse is to your left," one of the teachers spoke, pointing a finger towards the direction of the nurse's office.

Once the two teens were out of the school's main doors, Colter was sure to pull from Jennifer's grip of her hand around his wrist. Jennifer's small stumble made Colter rethink his decision as she only through a nasty glare in his direction. Jennifer just ignored him, choosing to walk ahead of him a few steps.

"That back there," he pointed a thumb behind his shoulder to the school that was growing smaller and smaller, "could've gone much better." He scoffed seconds later, finally feeling the pain the contact of her palm had with his cheek.

"Yeah, well you deserve that slap to the face" she laughed to herself.

"What happened in the lunch room didn't mean anything, Jen" he sighed. A lie of course, but he didn't want to see it as a lie. He liked Jennifer and thinking back to the moments that he had cheated on her, it felt like he'd been under a spell each time rather than a conscious decision.