Chapter 7: Seeker And Snitch

Look for the Chamber Of Secrets reference lol haha

After dinner, Pansy and Hermione went out to the Quidditch pitch to watch Gryffindor practice. Normally Hermione avoided the pitch as she wasn't much of a fan (besides seeing Ron fly around), however, she was needed to distract Ron long enough for Pansy to make her move.

Like Ginny on Gryffindor, Pansy was a chaser on the Slytherin team. She loved the way the wind felt in her hair when she zoomed around on her broomstick. The feel of throwing the quaffle through the hoop was exhilarating, she got a natural high off scoring, and she scored almost every single time.

She figured a good strategy to get Harry where she wanted him was to let him think he had a home advantage as well as play a bit on his ego. She had it all planned out in her head exactly what she wanted to do, knowing that Harry's arrogance would allow him to easily fall for it.

Pansy and Harry had an acquaintanceship rather than a real friendship. They had somewhat of the same friends so of course they would interact with each other from time to time. While she was pretty sure that Harry didn't really look past anything but her pretty, Pansy knew a lot more about him than the average person would think she did.

She knew that Harry tousled his hair quite a bit. It wasn't to look cool like most girls thought. It was because Harry could never get his hair to be neat. No matter what he did to it, it would always look at if he was on his broom all day. It frustrated him, it was a big insecurity of his.

She also knew that when Harry was deep in thought, he would bite his index finger and stare off into space. She knew his favorite color was blue, she knew that he liked to blow bubbles with his bubblegum, but didn't because he didn't want to appear childish, she knew that he was moody, she knew that he was clumsy, and she knew that the trigger that started to make him use girls was when Cho Chang took his virginity and then fucked Cedric Diggory a week later.

She knew all of this, and yet probably had three full conversations with him in the whole seven years they had known each other. Why? Because Pansy was extremely observant. She always needed to know what was going on around her at all times. She never wanted to be caught up.

"So, how did things go with Ron today?" she asked Hermione as she sat back looking for the practice snitch Harry had let loose.

"They were okay." said Hermione, blushing at the thought of it. "We studied together and talked, and then he laid on my lap and went to sleep while I read to him.

Pansy smiled at her, thinking how that was probably the cutest sight. She knew that Hermione would be fine, Ron wanted an actual relationship with her.

However, she also knew Hermione, and that Hermione wouldn't push herself to after Ron out of fear. Which is why she didn't tell her what Ron had really said. Ron needed to open up to Hermione himself, and Hermione needed to let her hair down and be herself around him, and thoughts of Ron wanting just one thing would motivate her to open up and show him what she wanted. True, Hermione would be pissed when she found out that Pansy lied, but at least she and Ron would finally have each other.

"Sounds nice. He didn't look up your dress did he? giggled Pansy.

"No!!" said Hermione, quickly. "It wasn't like that. At least, I don't believe he did. He could have while I was reading. Oh gosh this is exhausting." said Hermione as she covered her face.

"Hermi, stop. You're fine." said Pansy, finally locking onto the practice snitch. "If he did, he did, if not, it's fine. You already know the plan, and he doesn't know that. You have the control, remember?"

"I know, I just don't know if I really want to do this." said Hermione. "It isn't fair for me to put my feelings into someone that only wants to shag me. And eventually, we will all have to put our actual feelings into this."