Chapter 12

ITS MY FRIENDS BIRTHDAY TODAY AND HES WHO I BASED ADAM ON. HIS NAME IS SAM AND HES THE CUTEST BABY EVER!

Ryan

Today was Adams birthday and I was taking him to the fair. He had texted me to let me know he was ready so I was headed to pick him up.

I knocked twice at his house. The door swung open and sadly I came face to face with his mom. She frowned when she saw me but invited me in.

"I don't like you coming around her." She said to me, "You're putting these thoughts in her head."

My jaw clenched as well as my fists. "With all due respect ma'am, Adam is just trying to be himself. He knows who he is so why would it be up to either of us to tell him he's wrong?"

"Because I'm her mother. She needs to listen to what I say and stop all this foolishness."

Adam choose that moment to come skipping into the room. "Hi Ryan!" He gave me a big hug. "Hi baby. Ready to go?"

My eyes widened at what he was wearing. A skirt. He looked adorable but it just didn't seem like something he would pick out for himself.

We walked out hand and hand to my car. As soon as he buckled up, and I drove off, he shimmied out of the skirt. Adam pulled out a pair of overalls from his bag and put those on instead.

"Sorry daddy. It was the only was she would let me leave the house. She went on one of her rants today."

I nodded knowingly. "No problem little one. I think you look adorable either way."

He blushed and looked down at his lap. I took his hand in mine. "Where are we going?" He asked cutely.

"I can't tell you it's a surprise." Adam giggled. "By the way baby I like your boxers." He laughed more and blushed harder.

After about an hour we reached the fair. Adam jumped out and stood by the car, his eyes were widened with excitement.

We waited in line to buy tickets and then went to explore the grounds.

"What do you wanna do first baby?" He pointed to a cute entrance to the kiddy rides.

----

We spent the afternoon riding rides and playing arcade games. I won Adam a cute and cuddly monkey from a shooting game.

He had a giant smile on his face the whole time and when it got dark, I drove us up on a hill to watch the stars.

Adam helped me lay out the blanket and he laid sideways on my lap. I pulled a bottle out of my bag and began to nurse him.

"You're such a good boy." I told him as I smoothed his hair off his forehead. "Daddy's good boy. I hope you had fun today. Don't the stars look pretty? When you come live with me this is how we're gonna decorate your nursery."

His eyes began to close while his sucking slowed down. "I wanna have light up stars on the ceiling with ombré blue ways. I think you'd prefer a crib to a bed. But you can sleep with daddy in his bed if you want."

Adam was knocked out. I put him in the back seat and kept an eye on him while I was driving. His mom opened the door for me and I carried him into his bed.

I removed his overalls and left him in boxers and his soft t shirt. I tucked him under the blankets and kissed his lips.

"Goodnight baby boy. I love you."

He stirred and mumbled "Me loves dada." and then he was out like a light.

Walking through the hallway I came across Adams mother. "Did you even tell him happy birthday today?" I asked her.

She scoffed at me. "Not if he continues to act this way. I would have told my daughter happy birthday but Addy chose to be difficult like always."

I couldn't even believe what I was hearing and stormed out of the house, slamming the door as I went.