Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to the lovely ppl who commented on my last chapter 🖤

Ryan

"Come on! Please!"

"No. You need to lay down and sleep." I said

"But!"

"No." He gave an adorable pout and I kissed his lips. "Let's lay down and go to sleep. Come on." I pleaded. "I'll read to you."

Adam seemed to ponder my offer before agreeing. He wiggled down so his head was on the pillow and his leg was wrapped around me.

"Once upon a time there was a brave knight. His name was daddy-"

"Daddy isn't a name silly." He giggled and squirmed a bit. "It's my name isn't it?"

He nodded and I continued on. "One day while the knight was patrolling the forests, he came across an adorable little boy named Adam. He took Adam to his home and decided to keep him and raise him."

"Just like us!" He cheered. "Yes just like us." I said. "Now this is the important part of the story so close your eyes so you can imagine it."

He did as I asked. "Daddy loved Adam very much even though he was a little different. And Adam loved daddy. They spent the rest of their days together, playing and going on adventures. They were always together and lived happily ever after."

Adam was softly snoring beside me and I grinned. It worked every time. If he refused to nap I just sang or made up a story and he was out like a light.

While he slept I finished up some college essays I had to submit. Adam and I planned to go to the same college. It was about two hours away from where we lived.

"Da." I heard a sleepy voice say. "Good morning sleepy head. How did you sleep."

"Mhhh." He mumbled and cuddled closer to me. "Dada."

"What do you wanna do today pretty boy?" Adam gave an adorable giggle and said "I wanna watch tangled wit you."

"A movie day! With my favorite baby. Sounds perfect."

We set up tangled on my laptop and dimmed the lights. I sat up and put Adam between my thighs, leaning back against my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his cheeks, paying more attention to him than the movie.

I started to think about our future. I wanted to spend forever with Adam. Whether that meant marriage or kids or what I couldn't say right now. But I never wanted to be without him.

He was incredibly important to me. My family loved him. With the acceptation of my brother who was acting nicer and nicer every day. Adam was basically part of our family.

"You awake baby?" But all that answered me were his soft snores. He just took a nap, I thought to myself. But I knew his new medicine made him sleepys. It would take time to adjust. And I was gonna make sure I was there to help him through it.

"I promise to be there for you." I whispered to my sleeping angel.