Ch. 3

A small gentle knock finally woke Draco up. He opened his eyes and saw a small body sliding through the door. He recognised who it was, the one and only Hermione.

"I didn't tell you yesterday but I forgive you. Good morning." She gave him a small timid smile.

"Morning" he rubbed his eyes before looking at the clock. "Great I missed breakfast."

"Oh no you didn't, I actually brought you some food up for you. Theodore's idea actually." Hermione exited only to come back with a small plate of eggs, bacon, and a green apple along with a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Oh umm thanks." He said before getting a bite of the apple.

"Oh by the way McGonagal said that we have to get decorations ready for incoming students, I already told everyone what to do. You just have to help levitate some banners." Hermione sat next to him looking at the food, that was originally for her because she needed to plan things in her room but Draco also needed to eat.

As if he could read her mind he looked at her offering some food which she gratefully accepted. "What is Theo doing?"

"Well him and Luna are helping clean the first year tables and organise where everything will go in the Great Hall."

"Him and lovegood?" Draco rained an eyebrow as Hermione slowly nodded.

"Anyways, you should probably get dressed and all so we can help out. I'll be in my room sorting out my stuff." Hermione left with the empty plate and an almost finished glass of pumpkin juice.

He got up getting one of his black buttoned up shirts with black slacks and shoes. He showered and got dressed quickly before going to Hermione's room.

Draco knocked on her door until she said to come in. When he walked in he saw Hermione on her bed with her eyes glued to the book. "Umm Granger? Ready to go?"

"Yeah let me just finish this chapter." Draco patiently waited leaning back on the doorframe until she put her book down. "Sorry it's just a really good book."

Draco nodded and they walked out together to the Great Hall where everything was almost ready, they just needed to finish the banners. Draco looked around finding Theo and Luna talking in a booth pointing at a paper and smiling. He smirked knowing that his friend fancied loony but wouldn't admit it.

"Wingardium leviosa" he pointed at a banner making it fly up to it's place.

⚯͛ ⚯͛ ⚯͛
"Lovegood I think we did a good job on organising this place." Theo said with a wide grin.

Luna was wearing some of Hermione's muggle clothes, a blue hoodie and jeans. "I think we did anyway I better go feed the Thestrals." She got up going to the kitchen with Theo walking behind her.

"How about I join you and you inform me more about the creatures?"

"That would be lovely Theodore but are you sure. They're really misunderstood creatures and a lot of people don't like them." Luna picked out some apples from the kitchen along with other things putting them in a bag.

"Well I'll be able to relate to them then." He took the bag from her carrying it as she put food in.

"Well then let's go." She walked and he followed her until they reached the forest where they saw the animals.

A few minutes passed of feeding them and talking about them so they headed back to the castle.

"So are you doing the commentary for Quidditch again?" Theo asked suddenly putting his hands on his front pockets.