Ch. 27

The day of their wedding was fast arriving and the day before when Draco got back from where they would host the reception and calling to check their hotel reservation for the honeymoon, he found the kitchen to be a Mess. He spotted a redhead and raven haired boy next to his wife completely covered in batter. "What the bloody hell happen?"

"We're baking!" Hermione said holding back her laughter.

"Why exactly?" Draco questioned.

"Well Hermione here," Harry pointed towards his friend, "invited Hagrid. We are baking a cake that would say thank you for everything because he's been there for us. Through everything. Anyway, Malfoy can I have a glass of water."

"Yes let me." Draco grabbed a glass and put ice on it. "Now wait. You three move over, I'm going to do the cake and you three decorate it."

Ginny came into the kitchen next. "What the fuck? Let me guess, you three messed around whilst baking?" The golden trio nodded. "You lot go clean up. I'm going to help my brother-in-law here."

"If you get me dirty I'll use your favourite hex against you." Draco warned.

The golden trio exited the kitchen whilst laughing. "You know," Ginny said, "if you hurt Hermione I will kill you. I'm not saying you will, I know you love her and you wouldn't dream on hurting her. I'm happy that she found happiness with you. When she was with my brother, she looked uncomfortable. Of course she loves him but not romantically. When she's with you or simply looks or talks about you she's the happiest she can be. Take care of her."

"I will. Trust me. She also makes me really happy." Draco admitted. "Pass the eggs." Ginny did as told and began cracking some. When they were done with the ingredients Ginny stirred the batter whilst Draco prepared the mold for the cake. After they were done Ginny plopped on the couch with Ron and Harry and Draco went to his room to look for Hermione. She was sitting on the bed taming her hair. "Hello baby girl."

"Hey sorry about the mess."

Draco chuckled and kissed her. "I don't care about the mess, it can be cleaned up. Do you want to invite them to stay for lunch and a movie?"

"If you want." Hermione answered.

"You look worried, are you ok? Is it about the wedding? We can postpone it if you want." Draco sat next to her taking her hand.

"I am worried about the wedding but I don't want to postpone it. I want to get married to you already but I'm just worried I'm not going to make you happy enough."

Draco scooped her up to his legs, "you think that? Hermione you make me so happy with just one look. I should be the one worried about that not you. You're basically my little ball of happiness baby girl."

"Thank you." Hermione whispered. "You always know what to say... daddy."

"Merlin don't say that. It's not you, call me ferret instead." Draco chuckled. "Now let's go before everyone assumes we are doing something else than talking."

Hermione got off of him and took his hand. "I bet Ginny will look at me like we had a quickie." Draco nodded in agreement and walked down to find his Slytherin friends on the couch with the others. No sight of Luna or Theo.

"Who the hell let you three in and where is Luna and Theo?" Draco questioned.

"She and Theo are unpacking. They're moving in together!" Astoria answered clapping her hands together.

Pansy walked over to Hermione and hugged her then she swatted Draco's head and hugged him. "Watch your fucking  language. Anyway, we are here to visit."