Ch. 22

A/N FRED IS NOT DEAD IN THIS! I repeat, he is not dead!!

The next day in the morning Headmistress McGonagal asked Draco and Hermione to come to her office before leaving.

"I am very proud of you two for handling great responsibility this year." McGonagal stated with a smile on her face. "Professor Dumbledore would've been very proud. Especially because he saw something between you two before. If either of you need anything don't hesitate on reaching out to me. Now you may leave."

Hermione gave the older witch a teary smile and hugged her. She walked back to Draco who comforted her as they walked out. Hermione continued sobbing when they got to the heads compartment. Draco picked her up and sat her on his lap and kissed her forehead. "Hey, don't cry. It's ok."
Hermione buried her head on his chest and gripped his shirt. Her breaths were shaky but she was beginning to calm down. "Hey, I want to ask you something." Hermione didn't say anything she just looked up at him. Draco wiped her tears away and smiled shyly at her. "Do you umm want to move in together?"

Hermione smiled at him and nodded. "I would love to actually."

"There the smile I love." Draco pecked her lips and smiled back at her. "Wizard or Muggle world?"

"Wizard world but with some trips to the muggle world." Hermione said.

"Sounds good to me." He leaned into her again slowly constantly looking from her eyes to her lips. Hermione parted her lips slightly and closed the space between them. She positioned herself to straddle his waist. Draco placed his hands on her hips. He slowly brought his hands up and began tickling her.

"S-stop!" Hermione yelled as she laughed.

"You sound like a snake." Draco laughed.

"You s-sound l-like an idiot!" Hermione said between her laughing.

"I'm your idiot though." Draco smirked and stopped tickling her.

"Mine and only mine." Hermione agreed. "I wouldn't change anything you know."

"I know lioness." The train slowed down as it got to the platform. Draco and Hermione stood up. "Actually I would change something now that I think about it."

Hermione raised an eyebrow at him, "what is it?"

Draco smiled and kneeled down making Hermione's eyes go wide. "I know I told you that I didn't want to rush too much but I love you more than.... well more than I love myself. I would love to change your last name. What do you say? Hermione Granger would you marry me?" Draco showed her a diamond ring that laid neatly on the box.

Hermione grinned from ear to ear, "Hermione Malfoy. Has a nice ring to it don't you think? Of course I'll marry you!"

"It does have a nice ring to it! Hermione Malfoy, I like it. Fits perfectly. This shows that maybe not ALL Malfoys are in Slytherin but they sure could be." He slipped the ring onto her finger carefully.

Hermione beamed at the sight of the beautiful ring on her finger. It fit her perfectly and made her feel great. She got her trunk down and walked with Draco to meet the Weasleys. Ginny was hugging her family tightly especially the twins.

"Took you two long enough!" Fred and George said in unison and ran to hug Hermione crushing her ins big hug.

"Can we prank your fiancé?" George asked.

"Don't deny, the ring gave it away. Can we? Please." Fred pleaded.

"An initiation prank." Hermione whispered.