Ch. 24

Hermione and Draco apparated in front of the house. Draco looked down at Hermione who looked nervous so he gave her hand a gentle and comforting hand squeeze. They walked in and were immediately greeted by Narcissa. Draco hugged his mother tightly and kissing her cheek. Narcissa turned to Hermione and embraced her tightly like she did with her son. "Oh I'm so glad you two are here!"

"Sweetheart, the guests want to complement you on your cooking." A blond man said. Lucius. Hermione could feel Draco tightening his grip on her waist to pull her closer. "Ah Draco, miss Granger! I bet Draco hasn't stopped talking about you. Well what are you two standing there for, come on in." He ushered them in.

"Father what are you doing here? Potter said you were in a mental, I mean a rehabilitation clinic." Draco stood just beside the door feeling tense.

"Ah Mr.Potter is right to some extent. I was in rehab because of a filthy scum but your mother with the help of your Auror friends convinced the minister that I was no longer a threat and I could be dismissed home where my wife would take care of me." Lucius put an arm lovingly around Narcissa.

Draco looked at his mother and walked off without another word. Hermione smiled trying to not seem awkward, "I'm glad you're ok Mr.Malfoy and thank you for having us Narcissa."

Hermione began to walk off but Lucius spoke up. "Miss Granger you can call me Lucius." Hermione nodded walked away to find Draco who was in the corner of the room massaging his temples. "Draco come here." She opened her arms inviting him for a hug and he walked over to her bending down to put his face in the crook of her neck.

"I'm sorry it's just... it's hard Hermione, he forced me into being evil but it was to protect me. I'm just confused." Draco mumbled into her neck.

"I understand Draco just don't let scars from the past harm the possibilities for a better and brighter future. We also have to tell them about our engagement Mr.Malfoy."

Draco chuckled, "yes we do future Mrs. Malfoy. You always find a way to make it better don't you?"

"Yes but I ain't kissing any boo boo." Hermione smiled kissing his cheek. "Come on let's dance a little before these heels kill me."

Draco smiled at her taking her hand and leading her to the dance floor. What started out as a slow song led to a fast beat one. Hermione took the change to spin him around and take his hands to dance to the beat together. "Tired?" Draco asked spinning her bridal style and putting her back down. Hermione nodded finding unable to take off the smile off of her face. "Would this be a good time to tell my parents about us?" Hermione beamed and nodded excitingly capturing Draco's lips for a quick kiss. "Damn I love you so much."

"I love you more ferret." Hermione took his hand guiding him to a table. "Just one thing, I need your wand." Draco handed his wand over to her and she murmured a spell that the wand obediently casted. Her heels transformed into comfortable flats. "Much better let's go."

"What if a muggle saw you using magic Granger?" Draco took back his wand when she offered it.

"I'm sure no one did, you blocked anyone who could have seen." Hermione stood up taking Draco's hand.

"Why did my wand respond to you so easily?" Draco acquired.

"Maybe because the wand likes me. Come on let's find your parents." Hermione said looking around for his parents.

"By the way Granger," Draco started, "I told Mindy to please get our stuff from the Burrow and to bring it here. I have plans for us after the party." He winked playfully. Hermione rolled her eyes and continued to look around until she spotted a blond haired man and pulled Draco towards him. She smiled brightly at Draco's parents and nudged Draco to say the news.