Chapter 6

Kendall's pov.

I was walking along a quiet road which was Shawnigan Lake road. There weren't tons of cars which was good because there weren't any sidewalks so I was walking in the mud/pavement. I didn't mind though, because I'm pretty tough and don't mind getting dirty. I was wearing a camo hoodie with denim jeans and black boots. I suddenly heard my name get called, I turned around and saw Ethan running towards me. He reached me and was out of breath. "Oh my gosh Ethan what's wrong!?" I ask laughing a little bit at the same. "I need to talk to you. But it needs to be quick so Grayson isn't mysterious" he says. "Um okay, start then" I say staring at him in the eyes. "Okay it's about Brooke" he says with unreadable emotions on his face. "So a while ago Brooke and Grayson dated. They were pretty serious and intimate, and I guess they had sex" he said. I was surprised because I never saw Grayson as having sex yet, he seemed more slow but whatever. "Grayson got her pregnant and was not ready at all to be a dad, so he told Brooke that he wasn't going to help with the kid" he said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I totally believed Ethan. He was someone who I could trust, and now I don't know how I really feel about trusting Grayson anymore since he's been lying. And that's also so immature of him to not want to help with the kid. "Grayson and Brooke argued a lot and didn't feel comfortable telling their parents yet. But as Brooke's stomach got larger, she basically had no choice to tell or not. My mom didn't know about her pregnancy either. One time when Grayson and Brooke were arguing he got super annoyed and said 'listen Brooke, you need to tell your parents! I'm not telling them for you so do it you slut! And if you can't do it than why don't you just kill yourself!' And I know that because I was in the bedroom beside them" Ethan says looking at the ground. "And.. I'm assuming she killed herself then?" I said kind of worried for an answer. "Actually worse..." Ethan says "Grayson one time tried to hurt her and the next day she was found hung from the tree outside her house." Ethan says tearing up. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I mean this is all so immature of Grayson but I still feel bad... I mean he was only 16 when this all happened. "Everyone believes that Brooke hung herself because of the pressure to tell people about the pregnancy, even her own parents believed that she hung herself! But I am thinking that still she either hung herself from the pressure, or Grayson did it. I've talked to him so many times about that he can tell me if he hung her and I won't tell anyone but he hasn't" Ethan said. We were almost at the house because we were walking and talking. "oh wow..." I say stunned "so Grayson's a killer?" I ask. "I don't know!" Ethan yells "sorry I didn't mean to yell, im just worried because I know Grayson really likes you and wants to date you. I take it that you've got that vibe from him already Kendall... but I don't want what happened to Brooke happen to you, and obviously it's wrong to date your step sister. I just want you to be safe." Ethan says. "I understand. Thanks so much" I say hugging him. I look him in the eyes and his lips brush against mine. We kiss for about 20 seconds... the longest and most amazing 20 seconds of my life!! Our lips moved on sync until he pulled away. "w-what happened? Why did you stop" I ask him. "This isn't right Kendall, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have stopped but we can't get caught." He says. "Oh, yeah. I forgot that we were siblings now" I say making he word siblings louder than the rest. He laughs and holds my hand while walking up the driveway.
•••

*ethan? kendall? what's going on!