Chapter 16

Kendall's pov.

I was looking through the bedroom to find the drug but I couldn't find it. I wonder if Ethan took it? I went into the kitchen and asked Ethan if he could be excused so I can talk to him. "what's wrong?" He asked me confused. "I don't get why you think Grayson is using drugs I couldn't see the meth anywhere in the bedroom. " I asked hesitantly. "Why would you care where it was?" "Just tell me where it is please" "but why?" "Ethan god dammit tell me where you are hiding it!" I yelled at him. "oh my god, you're taking it not Grayson" Ethan said looking at the ground with a unreadable facial expression. "Ethan please don't tell anyone, I've just been really depressed lately." I said tearing up. "Why have you been depressed? Is this your first time taking drugs? Where did you buy it? When did you buy it?" Ethan asks me all these questions but I cut him off. "I'm depressed because me, Grayson and you have all been arguing so much and it's overwhelming. And I feel like you guys know something about Lukas because you guys seemed to react to seeing him differently than anyone else, and Lukas looked so shocked to see Grayson when he bursted the door open. And I haven't taken drugs before, I'm just so scared." I said falling into Ethan's arms crying my eyes out. "It's okay" he says patting my back softly. "Can I ask you something" I ask Ethan. "Anything" he says to me looking my dead in the eye. God his eyes are beautiful. "Do you or Grayson like me, as a more like... love me way" I said to him. It seemed so awkward asking my brother if he has feelings for me though. "Um, I used to but not anymore and Grayson... I don't really know. He hasn't been great lately" Ethan says walking off leaving me stranded in the bedroom. There is something they aren't telling me.

•••

I was sitting on my bed just thinking. What am I doing with my life? What do I want to when I'm older? Who am I going to date in my adulthood? And most of all, what are Grayson and Ethan hiding from me? I couldn't take this shit anymore. Once I slammed my fist on the nightstand in the bedroom Ethan and Grayson just happened to turn the corner. "rage much?" Grayson asked sitting on the bed giggling. "I'm done with your shit. Tell me what the fuck is going on, because there is something your not telling me and I need to know. Especially if it's something about Lukas!" I yelled. "Okay okay calm down. We'll tell you... but not freak out" Ethan said. Grayson took a deep breath before speaking. "Ethan has already told you the whole Brooke story, i got her pregnant than she died by being hung by a tree. Everyone thought it was the pressure of her telling her parents about her pregnancy, I hung her, but he truth is... Lukas did." Grayson said looking at the ground. I couldn't speak, how is Grayson and Brooke related to Lukas??? I MEAN WTF HOW!?!?!? "I knew Lukas in high school and he really liked Brooke. We were secretly dating behind his back but when she got pregnant it wasn't really a secret. Somehow Lukas found out she was pregnant, and even though he was in love with her he was so angry that he threatened to hang her so I felt what it was like to be heartbroken because you lost someone. And well, I felt that alright. The only people that believe that Lukas killed her was me, Ethan, and my mom. You might have a clue already, but the reason I was so protective around you when it came to Lukas was that I was scared he would hurt you. I feel like he's still trying to get revenge on me. But that's the story we've been hiding." Grayson said. I can't believe what I'm hearing, it makes sense but I would have never been able to put all those pieces together. Suddenly I felt someone lightly push my shoulder. "Kendall? Kendalllll?" Ethan said nudging me. "oh ya what?" I asked. "We asked you a question." "I must have zoned out, what was it" I said going a little bit red. "Do you believe us?" He asked me. "Yes of course I believe you. It all makes perfect sense. Maybe we could go back to court and tell them that four people believe that Lukas killed Brooke and all the pieces fit together, right?" I said jumping up from my bed. "I guess... I'll go ask my mom." Grayson said getting up. I pulled Ethan in for a hug and whispered "thank you for everything" and his response was "your more than welcome."
•••
this book is gonna end soon and I'm going to start a new one which is hopefully better cuz I have an idea and it sounds pretty lit but I'm not telling u yet!!!