Chapter 27

"He's still unconscious. Yes. We will. Okay thanks. Bye."

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around my surroundings. I was still in my room but Peter was sitting in a chair next to my bed. I propped myself up with my elbows.
"Peter," I croaked.

He instantly shot his head up looking at me. He stood up from his seat and came up closer to my bed to be face to face with me. "Y/n! Are you okay?" He asked concern filling his voice.

I nodded and rubbed my neck wincing as I rubbed over a certain spot. Peter grabbed my hand taking it away from my neck. "Don't touch it. You were shot with this," he held up a needle and twirled around.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stood up from my bed walking into the bathroom. I turned my hand and flicked on the light to look at myself in the mirror. There was a small hole in my neck indicating where I was hit. I sighed and felt around it. I turned around and faced Peter.
"What happened?" I asked grabbing some clothes.

"I don't exactly know but I came here to check up on you because you weren't answering. I found you on the sidewalk unconscious." He explained setting the needle on my drawer.

"I'm going to take a shower to clear my mind."

I grabbed my clothes and headed into the bathroom. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel to wiping down my body. I put on my clothes and dried my hair. Then I remembered. I shot out of the bathroom looking for Peter.

"Peter!" I called running down the stairs.

He appeared at the bottom looking at me in concern. "Yes?"

"Camila," I breathed glancing around.

"What about her?" He asked pulling out his phone.

"She's gone. She was here and now she's gone. I think whoever shot me got her," I panicked.

He dialed 911. He explained to the police about everything that had happened. He tapped on his phone and slipped it into his pocket. "They're on their way here."

I sat on the couch with my face in my hands thinking about everything that had happened. Who took Camila? I glanced up at the clock noticing it was almost ten in the morning. How long was I passed out? There was a loud bang on the door and Peter got up to answer it. He led the police in and they looked around before landing their gaze on me.
"Are you Y/n Y/l/n?" One of the officers asked.

I nodded and he stepped up closer to me. I stood up and faced them. They asked me a few questions about what I remembered and what happened. One of the officers said a few things on his walkie talkie and looked at me interrupting the other officer.
"Mr. Y/l/n, Camila is in the hospital," he announced.

My heart started racing and I vigorously nodded. I grabbed my phone and wallet rushing out of the house with Peter and the officer. Some stayed at the house searching for any evidence. Peter drove close behind the police car towards the hospital. We arrived and I quickly got out of the car waiting for Peter and the officer.

We followed him in and we were led to the front desk. The woman looked up at us glancing at each of us them towards me. I cleared my throat. "I'm here for Camila Cabello," She looked down at her clipboard and flipped through a few pages.

"The doctor said only family members are aloud to visit at this time," she said.

"I'm her boyfriend," I explained.

She nodded and looked at Peter who stayed back. She told me her room number and I headed to the elevator to head up. My hands were sweating. I was so nervous I wanted to see her and see what happened. I fiddled with my fingers until I heard the causal 'ding' and the doors slide open. I stepped out and continued down the hall to finally find her door. I knocked softly and the door opened up to reveal a nurse. She let me in and I slowly stepped up to the bed. I sat down in a chair next to her. I scooted up closer to see her face.

"It seems like there are no injuries except for her brain. She has lost some memory," I shot a look at the doctor.

"How much?" I asked gulping down the lump in my throat.

"Not very long but a month or so of memory," he started. "We do not know the cause of this though but we will look further."

No. This can't be happening. She's not going to remember me. What happened? There were so many thoughts running through my mind right now. I couldn't control them and I almost went crazy for a moment but calmed myself down. My thoughts were broken when I heard the bed move. I looked up to see Camila looking around in a confused manner.

"Camila?" I whispered.

She looked at me and ruffled her eyebrows. No... The doctor started explaining to her what had happened and what she needed to do to treat herself. She wouldn't remember our song. She won't remember our times together. She won't know. All she'll remember about me is our first breakup. The doctor left the room along with the nurses.

"Camila?" I repeated my previous sentence.

She faced me. "Y/n why are you here? We broke up." She said.

My heart shattered and I couldn't help but tear up. "Camila we did. We got back together. We were in love again."

She shook her head. "No," was all she said.

All my hopes and dreams were gone. I looked at the ground. The door opened and I didn't care who or what was there. "Guys!" Camila exclaimed.

This made me look and I saw the others. They looked at me and smiled. "Y/n!" They cheered hugging me.

"Guys, Y/n and Camila were so cute last night. I was their photographer," Lauren giggled.

They awed in unison while looking at our pics. I didn't want to look at them. Camila wouldn't remember. "You guys are so cute," Dinah commented looking at Camila.

"Let me see," she held out her hand.

Lauren handed her her phone. Camila scrolled through the pictures glancing at me every few pics. She handed Lauren back her phone. I looked up at Camila hopefully. She shook her head.
"That's not me," she struggled to say.

Lauren and the others furrowed their eyebrows. "Walz that's obviously you," Dinah pointed out.

"Yeah. Y/n and you practically made out on the beach last night," Lauren said.

"Guys she lost her memory. She doesn't remember anything but our break up," I explained and got up to leave the room.

Camila was the one I loved and it would take a lot of explaining to get her back. She wouldn't remember our song. She won't remember why she wrote it. She won't remember the inspiration she had to write those lyrics. She wouldn't remember Austin. Would she go back to him? Camila, please.