Chapter 48

"Y/n! No, stop!" Camila scram holding onto me for dear life.

I carried her overhead and tossed her into the ocean. Her body collided with the water in a splash. I laughed and her head popped up from the water. She moved a strand of hair out of the way and gave me a frown. "I hate you!" She shouted and came running at me. She tackled me into the sand and giggled. I tried prying her off of me but she held me down and connected our lips. She broke away and laughed running back over to the water.

"Now my back has sand all over it." I said dusting the sand off.

"Baby," she joked and came over to me to wipe the sand off my back.

She laughed before pushing me down into the water. I pulled her in with me and we fell back into the water with her screaming. I layed on my back and floated on top of the water. She climbed on top of my floating body and I managed to stay afloat. She locked our pinkies together and kissed my lips before using her hand to push my head underwater playfully.
---
My head hung low with my sweaty palms covering my face. The clattering of heels made its way towards me. I departed my hands and wiped them on my pants before looking up to see the girls with worried faces. They glanced at the door noticing the yelling that was happening inside. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me. "What's happening?" She asked taking a seat next to me. I took a deep breath in and looked at her.

"They said she wasn't breathing," I managed to say.

They gasped in shock. They all started to comfort me and saying things like "she'll be okay" but I honestly don't know. The door opened and the doctor looked at all of us and his gaze landed on me. "Y/n." he gestured me to come inside. I nodded and walked into the room and over to Camila's hospital bed. Her eyes were wide open and her breathing was raspy and it seemed like she was struggling to take in air. She relaxed a little when she saw me.

"Y/n. I'm dying," a tear rolled down her cheek.

There was a hitch in my breathing and I came closer to her. I kneeled down and held her hand. "We can get through this." I tried urging her but she shook her head. "Accept the fact that I am Y/n," she pleaded.

"I promised you that you would be fine and you will live." I told her.

A smile crept onto her face but she still had fear in her eyes. "Goodbye." she breathed out.

My first instinct was to smash our lips together. I didn't want her to go. She's too young, she did nothing to deserve this. The monitor sounded in a continued beep and the line was straight. Her chest no longer rose up and down it was still. She wasn't breathing. She was lifeless. A tear fell from my eyes and the doctor rushed over.

"No!" I shouted and wrapped our pinkies once more.

The doctor came rushing over to do his job. A nurse shoved me out of the room and back out into the hall. I tried running back in the room but four bodies held me back. They pinned me up against the wall. I gave up and they let me go. "I'm sorry Y/n," Dinah croaked out and tears started to fall from her waterline. I hugged her and the rest came in a group hug. All around me were sniffles and cries. I couldn't help myself either. I let my tears fall.

I slid down against the wall and let my head fall into my hands. The girls sat around me in their own thoughts. It was Shawn wasn't it? He caused her to lose her memory and whatever he did made Camila sick and now this. The door opened causing me to look up. The doctor appeared with an apologetic expression on his face. "I'm very sorry, Y/n. We did our best." he apologized. I shook my head and sank down again. He sighed and went back into the room. A few moments later he reappeared.