Chapter 36

My breath caught in my throat. I forgot all about having to make this decision. I glanced around the room and Dinah was staring at me intently wondering what this was all about. I switched my gaze back over to Y/n. He gave me a warm smile. I cleared my mind for a split second and inhaled hoping I'd make the right decision.
"Y/n," he nodded for me to continue.

"I want to help promote our song and still go on tour. Screw Shawn," I smiled once seeing him smile as well.

"We can do that," he gave me a kiss.

I blushed knowing Dinah saw. I looked over at her and her mouth was gaped open.
"How dare you let my baby see that," she exclaimed scooping up Thor.

I rolled my eyes playfully and Y/n stood up grabbing his phone. "I have to make a phone call then," he briefly said and headed upstairs.

Once he was up the stairs and out of sight, Dinah ran up to me. "So you guys are a thing now?" She grinned.

I blushed, a lot. Dinah giggled at my reaction and continued to pay her attention to her phone. The sound of footsteps hurried down the stairs and Y/n appeared, phone in hands. He grabbed his sweater and put it on. I stood up and watched. "What's going on?" I asked and Dinah watched as well.

"We've gotta go. Today is the only day we'll be able to get our management to agree with this." He grabbed his keys and motioned for Dinah and I to follow.

We quickly gathered our things and rushed out the door behind Y/n. "I'll drop you off Dinah," Y/n added while we got into his car. She replied with a curt nod and I pulled out my phone while we were on our way. A message appeared from Shawn.

Shawn - I should've killed you instead

I ignored his threat and shut off my phone. We pulled up to Dinah's hotel and she quickly got out knowing we were in a hurry. We said our goodbyes and Y/n drove off.
"Y/n, didn't they just start the meeting?" I asked rubbing my neck from a whiplash.

"Well yeah but they don't like people being late or cutting into their meetings like that," he replied.

I nodded in understanding. "Sorry, banana," he apologized realizing my pain.

We arrived and we basically sprinted to the elevator and up to the designated room. We burst into the room and all eyes were on us. Y/n gave everyone an awkward smile and I greeted them with an awkward wave. We sat down side by side and he held my hand under the table not letting our managers see. His manager cleared his throat.
"Y/n," he looked at Y/n then to me.

Y/n nodded for him to continue. "We heard about you two wanting to promote your song," he nodded once more. "Good news. Since you made it in time, we will let you two promote your song. We have somethings to add to that as well," that's when everything and everyone got tense. Y/n smoothly rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand to comfort me.

"Because of the songs lyrics," he made an everlasting and taunting pause to look at us. We both knew what was coming next anyways. "You two need to act for a publicity stunt. You both will pretend to date so hold hands in public, agreeing to dating rumors but don't put too much confidence in it all making it really seem you two are dating,"

We both nodded. It was hard but I forced myself to hide my smile that was ready to jump out. I glanced at Y/n and I knew he was too. "So when do we start the stunt?" Y/n spoke up.

"Once you leave this building," my manager said.

He let go of my hand to stand up. We waved and said our goodbyes and thank you's. We exited the building and that's when I hands latched back together. "So, are you ready for this?" He broke the comfortable silence between us. I grin crossed my face and I just couldn't help it. "Yup." I smiled and gave him a quick peck.

It felt good to embrace our relationship. It hasn't been very long but to really be able to show our love anywhere was great to know. It wasn't hard to either. This "publicity stunt" wasn't really even a stunt. It was all true. He led me to his car and started the ignition. We watched as a group of men and women exited the building talking to each other and heading their separate ways. They were the same people that were in the conference room. Y/n's phone went off and he received a message. I didn't bother looking because he would end up telling me anyway.

"It's from my manager," he began still reading the message. He placed his hand on the steering wheel with the other holding his phone. He shut it off and set it down getting out of the parking lot. "We'll start the promotion in a week," he continued.

"So you're going on tour with us again?" I asked.

He nodded with a grin. "Yup but I'll actually be performing this time."

We arrived at the hotel the others were staying at we. We noticed Big Rob and the bug tour bus outside with the others close behind. Y/n gave one of them a text and they looked around spotting us. They ran over and I hopped out of the car hugging each and every one of them.

"I heard you're promoting your song!" Ally exclaimed hugging me twice.

"Yeah, we are," I replied with a warm but sheepish smile.

"And we heard about you two," Lauren's raspy voice came out from behind the others and she pushed her way to the front to meet us.

A shade of red spread across my cheeks and I hid it with my hands. Dinah slapped my hands. "Ow," I retorted.

"What was that for?" Normani gave her a questioning look.

"She was hiding her blush," Dinah said.

"What's wrong with that?" Y/n finally said something.

They all looked at him and smirked. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. He faced me with his mouth shaped into a smile.
"You think you guys could delay the tour for a bit?"
-------------------------------------
Happy banana to you, happy banana to you, happy banana dear Camila, happy banana to you!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy she's turning 20! And she's celebrating in Disneyland! I wish I went to Disneyland today instead of for New Years... ANYWAYS HAPPY BDAY CAMILA EVERYBODY LOVES YOU FOR YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU DO
Have an amazing day because it's Camila's birthday and wish her a happy bday. I love you all! Plus, sorry for not updating like I use to... ❤️❤️❤️❤️