An Instant

It was like an instant moment of eternity. In an instant the whole world seemed to stay still. In the blink of an eye it took my breath away. During an instant a variety of possibilities flashed through my brain. 

It took only a moment to trigger my brain, my mind, my heart and my body and I knew this was what I wanted. This was what I needed. 

Only a second for me to figure out that I wanted to get to know him. Only an instant to know I wanted to spend my whole life with him.

Then this tick passed by like a flash. For only a second, we locked eyes and I knew he wasn't even going to remember me. But I couldn't forget. I couldn't forget the feeling that rose in me and I still remembered every detail of it. 

The warm sunny day, the sunlight that hit him and made his hair lighter and his eyes sparkle. The gentle breeze that flowed around him like a charm and his hair that softly swayed in rhythm.

And then it was over, he passed by me on his bicycle so fast it was like he was never there. I didn't even know if he existed or not, all I can remember was the way I felt when I looked at him. All that remained were his piercing eyes.

And I knew what it meant to fall in love at first sight.

There I stood with my hands nervously folded behind my back. My hair weightlessly fluttered in the wind, my newly bought skirt constantly flew up and down. All around me was dark unlike him I didn't bathe in sunlight, I was surrounded by shadows standing under a big tree that shielded me from the burning sun.

All alone, unable to move and I just continued to stand there and watched in astonishment all these people cheering on for the race that was unfolding before my eyes and then suddenly...

It was over.

Everyone left and I still remained there in wondrousness, until all the positive feelings were drowned out by unwariness and hopelessness. All kind of thoughts flooded into my mind but only one lingered:

This feeling will never return until once more I can lay my eyes on him.

But even if I met him again, I wasn't sure I might feel the same way. 

Since this feeling only lasted an instant.

(But isn't life only an "instant" too?)