Pat Pat

After the misunderstanding cleared up you stopped avoiding Arakita. However, you weren't able to see him that often anyways, the only time you had classes with him were on Monday and today Friday. Luckily, you had the class with Kinjou too.

You sat in the back row. Kinjou and Arakita came in together, you clicked your tongue in annoyance when you saw them both talking. Kinjou stopped at your row and greeted you and then proceeded to sit in the outer seat next to you.
You instantly cursed Kinjou in your mind because that meant that Arakita had to sit next to you because there was no seat next to Kinjou only the staircase. You refused to look at Arakita when he sat next to you.

"Oi Kinjou. Isn't the interhigh starting soon on that climb?"

"Yea, it is."

 Don't speak over my head.

"So that means," Arakita leaned closer to you to be able to talk to Kinjou better.

Badum.

"that Onoda-chan is going to wear that tag, huh?"

C-chan?!

You were surprised that Arakita could actually show affection for someone.

"Oh now that you mention it."

"I bet he's going to be a nervous wreck or already is one by now."

"Well, of course he is. He's the winner of the last inter high."

He? 

You smiled to yourself.

"Oi what you smiling for? Huh?"

Caught of guard you replied:

"I'm not smiling. I- I was just laughing innerly to...to hear that you weren't first place. You're not that of a hotshot like you thought, huh?"

Wow great comeback. Shut up, I couldn't find anything better, you argued with yourself.

"You're right. He had to drop out on the last day."

"AHAHAH I knew it."

"Shut up. Oi, Kinjou that was uncalled for. You don't have to tell her everything to make her feel better."

"Yes, Arakita your misfortune makes me happy," you teased him.

"I figured, you already took too much from me."

"What you talking about?" you eyed him.

"The time you stayed ov-"

"Shut up!"

"HAH?"

You ignored him and turned to Kinjou: "So Kinjou how was your day so far?"

Kinjou looked uncomfortable as if he wanted to tell you not to drag him into your argument.

"Is that how you treat someone who prevented you from sleeping out in the cold?"

"Pfft, I'd rather have slept outside."

"Oh really how come you were sleeping so cozily in my bed and wouldn't wake up?"

"T-That's not true. Kinjou don't believe him. He's lying. He put sleeping pills in my food that's why!"

"..."

"Hah? We ate at the restaurant, how should I-"

"LALALA", you covered your ears and started singing. 

Arakita, however was having none of your shit and pulled your hands away and stared at you angrily.

"What you staring at huh?" you imitated Arakita which surprised him. 

Laughing you turned back to Kinjou who looked like he wanted to disappear.

"Kinjou! Kinjou! Kinjou, you know what Arakita did?"

You leaned closer to Kinjou :

"He said 'thank you' pfft ahahaha. Can you believe it? He? Him and being thankful? In one sentence?"

"Are you alright? You are acting like you are drunk," Kinjou asked because by now you were a laughing mess. Was it weird that you suddenly felt the need to laugh?

"Him...and...and thank you? Pfft haha..." you said between laughter.

"Why you laughing like a maniac? You thanked me too."

"Huh?" you quieted down and dead ass stared at Arakita.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Hah, don't pretend you don't know," he smiled mocking.

"You thanked me and," he put a hand on your head and proceeded to lightly pat you,

"did this to me. Forgot?"

You just stared at him with wide eyes not being able to process what he just said and did. Once he saw your reaction he triumphantly grinned and pulled his hand away. The spot he touched suddenly felt so cold.

"You...YOU WERE AWAKE! YOU FREAKING EYELASH GUY!"

Arakita shrugged his shoulders.

"If you were awake, you should've told me!" you continued to shout until embarrassment hit you and you buried your face in your arms on the table.

"Kinjou," you whined, "make him disappear."

"(F/N)..."

For a few seconds you said nothing and stared at the darkness surrounding you until you swallowed your pride.

"Do it again," you mumbled while your head was turned to Kinjou.

"Arakita, I think that was intended at you."

"Do what?"

"Y'know what...The...the thing you did with your hand...on my head," you mumbled again. 

Kinjou laughed, you must've looked funny with that pout and eyes that looked like you were about to cry any second.

"Hah?"

Balling your fists on the table you answered slightly pissed off:

"Whatev-" 

but before you could finish you felt a hand again on your head, playing with your hair. You looked at Kinjou and he just smiled. After getting the confirmation you wanted you squeezed your eyes tightly and tried to calm down. 

Your whole body burnt and a tingling sensation spread. Your heart hammered loudly. 

So the whole lecture went by with Arakita not once stopping to pat you while you continued to lay your head on the table, facing Kinjou. It felt so good, you didn't want it to stop at all. You prayed that it would last forever.

____________

*shrugs shoulder*

whatever

I guess I mess up cute moments but well at least I think it's cute. I love being patted and if it's Arakita, well...