An even ruder person

A week went by after the incident with the rude guy in the library.  For the next two days you tried to find him because he reminded you of someone, but then you just totally forgot about him. Probably because the presentation's pressure got to you.

"That was really good. You explained it really well and the professor seemed to also like it."

"Yes, I was saved thanks to the endless hours of studying in the library. I don't want to see the library for a while."

Kinjou and you just got out of the seminar you had to held your presentation in. You were relieved it was finally over. Since the next period was cancelled, you were headed towards the campus.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I thought about dropping by the club."

"Ah,you really sound like a fanatic."

"What about you? Have you finally decided on a club?"

"Actually I do have something on my mind," you told him about the club that interested you.

"That sounds good," Kinjou said while he bought a few snacks from the cafeteria.

"I know right? Finally something that helps me get my head clear from all the studying and I can get even more social."

"Even more social? You are pretty social already."

"Same goes to you but I want to find people with the same interests."

"That reminds me of a team mate from high school. He really wanted to restore a club and find people of the same interest."

"See that's important," you said munching on the snack Kinjou gave you.

"I guess."

"Don't give me that."

"You want to come over to our club? We are having a practice race and you said you were interested in it."

"What? Really?" you looked at him with bright eyes, you didn't know why but somehow you felt like you would enjoy it.

"I'd love to. But do you think I'm allowed to?"

"Ah, don't worry the captain is a nice guy."

"Oh, if you say so...then I gladly accept your invitation!"

The club rooms were located on the west side of the building and currently you were on the east side meaning several few minutes of walking. During the time, Kinjou told you the important basics about road racing, actually a bit interested you keenly listened to it.

Kinjou stopped in front a small house that was located outside the university. Inside, it lead to a room which says 'Yonan uni-cycling club'. 

Once inside the clubroom, you realised it was smaller than you imagined. In the middle was a table surrounded by bookshelves. At the back of the room was a small window that looked old and you felt like it wouldn't provide much refreshment. Under the window was a bicycle.

"Hah? What's that? Don't tell me you brought your girlfriend here? This is not something you can just bring strangers over like a hostel," a guy sat at the table. You had the feeling you knew him, his voice sounded familiar. 

"Where are the upperclassmen?" Kinjou asked calmly as if he didn't hear anything.

"What? Is she going to join or what? You still haven't answered my question from before," he looked at you annoyed.

What is his problem? 

Feeling slightly irritated, you sat opposite to him and looked him straight in the eyes while saying:

"So what if I am going to? Don't be so cocky. I bet you are all talk and can't beat me in a race." 

"What? Please don-" Kinjou tried to stop you.

"Huh? Fine, let's see what you are able to do," the guy shouted.

You actually didn't want to do it because he did look really strong but you couldn't let him buzz around you like a fly. With determination written on your face, you stood up and asked Kinjou for his bike whereas he continued trying to talk you out of the absurd idea.

"Ah I know you! You are that midget that harasses other people while they are sleeping."

"Wha-?" that remark left quite an irritated feeling and you turned to face him directly again. 

But then you finally realised who he was when he called you 'midget'. Something you shouldn't be proud of .

"Do I look small? Stand up, eyelash guy, let's see if I am really that small to be called a midget?"

"Fine by me!", with a loud thump he stood up and the chair fell to the ground. 

Suddenly seeing his actually height made you shrink back a bit, he was at least 5'10 high (179cm). And well you, you were smaller ((let's just pretend if you are taller^^)). With a high smug he bowed down to match his head to your height and spoke sarcastically:

"Now who is here all talk, midget?"

Before you could snap back, Kinjou intervened:

"Ok, I see you guys already know each other. I thought you might get along but erm...well I think it needs a bit of work."

"A bit of work? Are you kidding me? There's no way I'd get along with someone like that,"  you both exclaimed at the same time.

"Do you know each others' names?" Kinjou didn't lose hope and tried to find a way to break through the ice.

"I don't want to know the name of some rude, freaky-looking eyelash guy."

"I told you not to call me that anymore. And who's here freaky-looking, midget? There's no way you'd ever get to hear my name. It's too good for the likes of you."

"Well looks like Arakita Yasutomo is a bit shy towards strangers."

"Kinjou! Why the hell would you tell someone like her my name?"

"Someone like her? Can you please elaborate, you shabby looking dude."

Kinjou introduced you, "We are in the same department and she said she was interested in watching some races, so that's why she's here."

You couldn't believe Kinjou's betrayal, he actually told the eyelash guy your name. Kinjou, on the other hand just hoped that the other members would come as fast as possible or else the both of you were seriously trying to get on each other's throats.

Never in your life did you have a worse first-time encounter than with that guy over there called Arakita. And you wished you'd never have to see him again.