Epilogue (Ending 2)

1 year after Arakita met (F/N) at his first race: Arakita was now in his third year:

"Guys check it out!" a first year said when he barged into the bicycle clubroom of Hakone.

"A girl that's definitely not from our school is playing with a cat on the schoolground!"

"What?" Izumida asked.

"Ha! I bet she's here to see me," Toudou said and pushed his hair back, "My brilliance even got to other schools."

Arakita who was with Fukutomi and Shinkai on the bicycle treadmills stopped.

'Playing with a cat? Coming to another school? That could only be-'

"Hey Yasutomo where are you going?, Shinkai asked him. Arakita just held up his hand and walked out.

"By the way did anyone see Manami?" Izumida asked.

Once he got to the bench place he saw her, that girl was playing tricks with his mind.

"Oi," he called out to her. She turned around making her skirt flatter dangerously high and revealing a bit too much. Arakita looked away.

"What is it?" he heard her asking. 

"Didn't I tell you that you can't just come to other people's school?"

"Hmm but the cat-"

"No buts!"

She pouted. He had to look away.

"Ffs (F/N)!" he said out loud.

"Oh? How do you know my name?"

"Are you serious? Don't you remember me?" he gestured himself up and down.

She shook her head.

This girl's unbelievable!

"At the race last year? I was lying in the grass when you came by?"

"OHHHHH!" she exclaimed and covered her cheeks.

Was she blushing?

"I know now! You're that guy A-Arakita right? The one who wanted to go to Yonan!"

"Ha? You were the one who want-"

"Oho? What did I hear Yasutomo? If you want to go to Yonan then you better get your grades up!" Shinkai came and leisurely put his arm around his shoulders. 

Arakita, annoyed, threw his teammates arm off.

"Your grades are as bad as mine!"

"Do you remember me from sometime else?" he turned his attention back to her.

She shook her head again. He thought to try it out again:

"Pepsi?"

No.

"Eyelashes?"

No.

His eyebrow twitched.

"Pompadour?"

"OMG DON'T TELL ME YOU WERE THAT POMPADOUR GUY THAT SKIPPED CLASSES?" she shouted excitingly and pointed at his hair.

Shinkai bursted out laughing.

"Tch. Don't tell me just because I cut my fucking hair you can't remember me?"