Truth my ass

"Machi...Machimiya is looking for you in the campus. He's telling you to face him!"

"Huh?"

"Come on. Hurry up."

The girl with the short hair took your hand and guided you outside. Her fingers were slender and soft, probably not the time to think about it tho.

Already at the front entrance you could see a crowd forming around Machimiya who stood on a box to make himself higher and visible. He also had a megaphone which he used to shout your name into. You were finally sure to murder him. The whole crowd was fired up and screamed with him your name over and over again.

It didn't stop, it was only getting louder. The girl and you made your way through the crowd. She pulled you forward even in face of the monstrous force pushing you back. Never once did she let go of your hand. You wondered why she was doing this. Was she getting some kind of reward for this?

"She's here Machimiya. Stop screaming like a fool, idiot."

Oh, I like her!

She gave you a cheeky smile and disappeared into the crowd. Machimiya was suddenly quiet. Nothing could be heard anymore except the wind blowing through the rows. Machimiya and you kept staring at each other. Well, rather than that, it was him staring down at you and you up to him. You being smaller than him on his box didn't make it any better. 

It felt like hours passed where you two continued to stare at each other. Every fiber of your body burnt with rage and  you would've done unspeakable things to him if it wasn't for everybody watching. Don't they have something better to do?

"What do you want Machi-"

"I'M SO SORRY"

"Eh?"

"I'M SO SORRY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SUCH AN ASS."

His sudden confession was not only throwing you off but the whole crowd behind you, too.

"I'M A JERK FOR SPREADING THOSE RUMOURS. I WANT TO MAKE MYSELF CLEAN HERE BY TELLING EVERYONE THE TRUTH."

He literally shouted into the megaphone which wasn't even necessary because his voice was already amplified tenfold. Awkwardly you looked around and wondered if anybody knew what was going on.

"I SPREAD THE RUMOURS BECAUSE I WAS JEALOUS."

"?"

"OF COURSE NONE OF THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE. (F/N) DIDN'T SLEEP WITH NEITHER ME NOR ANY OF THE OTHER GUYS."

"We get it! Stop screaming into the damn thing," someone from the crowd shouted back.

"Ah, yes sorry. I just wanted to say that I planned the whole thing since the time you met Arakita in the library."

"Huh?"

"Since then I started stalking you to-"

"..."

"figure out your behaviour, speaking pattern and habits to see what would be the best way to throw you off. Of course I took away your stars, too," he added nonchalantly.

"What are you even talking about?"

"The truth is I didn't want you and Arakita to get closer."

"?"

Somehow it made sense, now that you think about it, he would try and interfere whenever you had something to do with Arakita, subtle that is.

"I was being jealous. So please forgive me for lying and spreading the rumours. I hope everyone realises that (F/N) did nothing wrong."

The crowd got louder again and after they decided the rumours were stupid anyways, they scattered and returned to their lives again. Machimiya jumped down from the box, before he could get away you held him back.

"Surprised?" he asked you with a tired expression.

"Yes. A lot. How come?"

"You don't need to know."

"Is it true?"

"What?"

"The thing with Arakita?"

"Hah?"

"Is it true that you were jealous of me being with Arakita? Are you perhaps really ga-"

"S-Shut up. No, I'm not. I'm a healthy straight male. I just see Arakita as a friend wh-who I admire a lot ok?"

"Oh~yeah~ I get it," you winked at him.

"What the hell was that for?"

"Nothing."

"I warn you if Arakita didn't forc-"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Ey, don't go! Tell me! What did Arakita do, ey!! You piece of snot tell me."

"What the hell did you just call me?"

"You know that annoying thing in your nostrils that you would pull out and throw on the ground and then step on i-"

"I know what snot is! I wanted to know why you would- argh forget it!"

"Machimiya."

"What?" annoyed he turned around.

"Let's get along from now on, yes?"

"Hah? Why would you want that?"

"You don't really seem like such a bad guy and after all I still had fun with you. I'm willing to forgive you after I fucking murdered you, that is," you smiled at him brightly. 

He stared at you with wide eyes and left. All the tension in your body went away and you exhaled out loud.

"AH, that was so nerve-wrecking!"

But you were glad that those rumours would finally cease to exist. And in regard to Machimiya you were really willing to forgive him except the time he literally sexually harassed you.

Although you still wondered why the change of heart. You hadn't even set your plan into motion and suddenly everything went well, even if it was in an utterly embarrassing way. 

You sighed. For what did you actually use your head to think of a plan? ((Lol well done reader because author surely didn't))

_______

I'M SO SORRY IT'S SO BAD. PLEASE FORGIVE ME READER FOR THIS CRAPPY CHAPTER.

and thank you ^^