Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Liv POV

I pushed my hair to cover the Steelers logo on my jacket then went downstairs. The guys were bringing food into the living room as the TV was on playing recaps of earlier games.

I shook off my nerves as I went down the stairs.

"Liv you okay?" Morgan asked as she started heading up the stairs. I nodded my head. She passed me as I went the rest of the way down.

I looked around the living room as nobody else noticed I came in. Kyle was in the chair. Marcus, Trystan, Jake, Roman, and Jaxson were on the couch or floor. Mr. Pendery was on the other couch with Kylee and Devyn. I went into the kitchen and found Cole and Mrs. Pendery.

"Stand back," Mrs. Pendery said as she opened up the oven.

I checked to make sure my hair was still covering the Steeler logo, just as Cole noticed me.

"Need help?" I asked.

"No thanks Liv," Mrs. Pendery said as she put the hot food onto the stove then closed the oven.

"Can I ask you both something?" I asked as I looked down at the floor.

"Of course Liv, what's wrong?" Cole asked coming closer to me.

"Can I go over to Dana's to watch the Steelers game please?" I asked them. Cole chuckled.

"You could always watch it downstairs in the studio," Cole said as he grabbed the cheese dip.

"Cole!" His mom yelled. "If it makes you feel more comfortable, of course you can," Mrs. Pendery said as she walked into the living room.

"I'm sorry, Liv," Cole said as he washed his hands.

"It's okay, I wasn't sure what would happen if I started screaming at the TV and yinz wondering what was going on," I said as Cole rolled his eyes.

"Do you need me to drop you off at Dana's?" He asked as he picked up the cheese dip.  My phone dinged with a new message.

"Nope, Dana's almost here to pick me up," I said as I checked his message.

"Okay, and Liv?" He asked as he moved my hair to the side. "You don't have to hide the Steeler logo, it's okay," he said as I rolled my eyes. I walked out of the room as the doorbell went off. I answered the door to see Dana.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Where are you going Liv?" Trystan asked.

"Dana's to watch the Steelers game," I said.

"Do you want me to pick you up after the game?" Kyle asked. I was about to say something but Dana cut me off.

"I'll take her back here, it's no problem," he said.

"See you after the game Liv!" Kyle yelled as Dana and I walked out the door.

"Call or text if you need anything!" Cole yelled as we approached Dana's car.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he said as we got in his car.

I put my seatbelt on. "You're parents are okay with me coming over right?" I asked as he backed out of the driveway.

"They should be fine," he said as he turned on the radio.

"Is Ben playing?" I asked him. Dana nodded his head.

"I just hope I beat Cole again this year," he said. I gave him a questioning look. "We have a bet every year to see who gets the furthest to the Super Bowl," Dana said as he pulled into his driveway. I got out of the car.