Chapter 5: Not what was planned

Saints of Saint Petersburg
10:00am
Yuri's P.O.V
-----------------
I wake up with a headache and aching back, laying on the warm sand, I turn over and sleep. The wind blowing on my back, the gentle wave washing against my legs.

"Legs!" I try to yell. My voice mute and unavailable.

"What happened? I can't remember!" I said in my head, trying to remember what happened.

I was swimming to the South Pacific to visit Leo. I accidentally swam to far. And I ran into two eels? And I met-

Oh my god, JJ! That's SON of a bitch didn't tell me he was going to take my voice. I looked down at myself. I was wearing a teal flowing dress, one that went down to my knees. It went around my neck like a halter top and the back was open. I grabbed a near by shell and looked at my self. My eyes were no longer teal, but gray, probably one of the effects of the potion. My ears were round and tan, not pointy and teal. But my, legs. They looked so weird. I stretched my toes, feeling the weird sand under them. What an odd feeling. I tried standing up, but my legs gave out and I fell. This is awful. How am I supposed find Otabek in this condition.

"When was the last time we saw him!" I heard Victor yell, he emerged from the water with Yurri.

Oh no, they are going to kill me. I tried to stand up but my legs gave out on me. They looked up to find me laying on the sand. Their faces were horrid. I wanted to start crying.

"Yuri??" They both screamed swimming as close as they could to the sand.

How was I going to explain this to them? I literally sold my soul to a man-octopus to meet the man I love. There's many reason why this plan won't work but I did it anyway. I tried opening my mouth, but it wasn't working. I forgot, he took my voice. Victor and Yurri were lecturing me but I wasn't listening. I have to find Otabek.

"Yuri are you even listening to me!" Victor shouted. I looked up from my hands.

"What did you do to yourself?" Yurri asked, I crawled to the water and grabbed his hands. I looked him in the face, trying to communicate with my facial features. I could tell the fiancées were conflicted.

"You need to find Otabek." Victor stated. I was in shock. They want me to do this! I knew they would understand more than ever. A lot of people told them they shouldn't be together but they fought through it and now they are happily in love.

"He said he was visiting the Kingdom of Saint Petersburg. Start there." Yurri stated. I nodded again. I started to stand up but fell again in the process.

"You can't walk?" Victor asked. I shook my head.

"Well this is a problem." Yurri stated, what was I going to do?

"Try getting up slowly!" Victor stated.

I was on my hands and knees, pushing my self up with my arms and trying my best to balance my self. I stood for about two seconds when I collapsed into the shallow water.

"Where did you end up yesterday morning again?" A man asked, walking up towards the beach.

"Yuri we have to hide! Stay safe! We love you!" Victor said as they swam some rocks.

"It was right on this-"

His eyes
The same gorgeous brown.
His hair
The same dark Raven color.
His face
The same beautiful defined jawline and emotionless expression.
Even though he was in shock he was calm.

"Are you alright young man?" The man with Otabek asked. Otabek just stood on the sand, looking me in the eyes.

----------
Otabek's P.O.V

He looked like the boy who saved me, even though I couldn't remember his facial features. The only thing I could remember was his teal, glistening eyes. But as I walked closer to the boy, his eyes were a dull gray. And when he stood up to walk towards us he fell. He was no merman. He wasn't my merman.
I sighed in despair and disbelief. I thought he was it. The boy shook his head at the servants question.

"Can you not speak?" The servant asked again. The boy just nodded his head again, falling into the water once more after trying to stand.

"Here let me help you." I offered my hand. The boy took it and I helped him up. He almost fell again, but I grabbed his waist with my other arm and held him close to me.

"Can you walk?" I asked, him shaking his head once more, his face filled with guilt.

"I'll carry you." I offered. He shook his head, a little tint of red on his cheeks. I smiled a little and picked him up bridal style. He started to hit at my chest but he was so small and fragile that he didn't make a scratch.

"Let's take him to the castle to get cleaned up, this poor young man just needs help." The servant said as we walked off the beach to the castles entrance.

The castle was built on the sand, the walls were a white color and the roof was a orangish color. It had many small towers and a main building. It was big enough to fit almost he entire village of Saint Petersburg. As they walked through the front gate, the servants looked at the prince and the young boy with confused and curious faces. The pair walked into a bathroom.

"I'll give you a bath, is that okay?" I asked the small boy. He shook his head and blushed again.

"Don't be so fussy." I said and put him down on the ground and started the water. He tried to get up and run but he couldn't stand. I almost felt bad for using his inability to walk as an advantage for me but thats okay. After he bath was full, I grabbed the boy and started taking off his dress. He scratched and bit like a cat, but I eventually got it all off and he jumped into the bubble bath without hesitation, trying to hide his body from me.

"See that wasn't so bad." I giggled. Wow I haven't laughed like this in a long time. The boy crossed his arms and pouted in the bath.

"I'll leave while you wash up, just ring this bell when your done." I stated, handing him a bell and walking out of the room.