Chapter 7: Lunch

Castle of Saint Petersburg
1:00pm
Yuri's P.O.V
-------------------
That was it. That was all he said to end my dreams. Just one word and it all went down hill.

Fiancé

It rang in my head again and again. What a stupid word.

"And so the merchant was like, "You can't be here." And all I said was, "do you know who I am" and it just clicked in his head and he looked so scared!" The princess joked, both Yakov and Otabek laughing. Otabek was sitting at the head of the table, I sat to his left and Mila sat to his right. Yakov sitting next to Mila.

I was not amused. I just played with my plate of salmon, not wanting to look Otabek in the eyes. If I did, I would fall back into the hell hole I was in. I should have figured that Otabek was taken already. But I didn't want to think that. My mind was telling me he's already gone but my heart is telling me to grasp him just a little more.

"How's the food Yuri?" Otabek asked breaking my train of thought. I couldn't look him in the face. I can't. I just nodded my head, keeping my face down towards the plate and continued eating. Mila started talking again but I didn't care. I can't look up now. I can't. I don't want to see his gorgeous eyes, his perfectly sculpted jawline. The atmosphere around him just makes me want to-

"Yuri are you crying?" Otabek asked, putting his hand on mine. I didn't even realize that tears were falling off my face. I wiped the tears with my hand and shook my head, pulling my hand away from Otabeks and setting it in my lap. I dared not to look up.

"Yuri look at me." Otabek stated, putting his hand under my chin and lifting my head to look him in the eyes. That's when my tears started to flow. The look in his eyes were full of concern and emotion. He looked sad that I was sad. I wanted to hug him right here and now. But instead I got up and ran towards my room.

"Yuri!" Otabek yelled. But I kept running, tripping and stumbling on my own two feet. I was not as fast as a regular human, but I was fast enough to get away from my feelings. To get away from Otabek. To not have to burden him with my presence. I know he cares for me, but not in that way. I don't think he could ever lo-

-----------
Otabeks P.O.V

I grabbed Yuri by the waist and pulled him into me. His back pressed up against my chest. I didn't want to let him go. I can't. I have to try to figure this out. Yuri means so much to me and if he left, I don't think I could handle it. I let a single tear fall onto the top of his blonde head. Yuri looked up to find my eyes red from holding back tears. He tried to push me away, but I can't let him go. I won't.

"Yuri please don't fight me." I said trying to convince him he was wanted. But he didn't want to be in my arms. He pushed me away with all his might. Standing only a few inches away. The angry and distressed teen started running once more to his room, leaving me alone again. Why was I feeling this way! This, this boy was making me go crazy. I walked back into the dinning room, knowing Yuri wouldn't want to see me right now. Mila looked at me with a suspicious look.

"Who's he?" She asked, leaning her head on her chin.

"He's a boy we found on the beach just this morning, he can't speak and he could barley walk." I stated, sitting in my chair and eating my salmon.

"So, you brought a stranger into my castle." She said, taking a huge bite of her salmon.

"He has no where else to go! We don't know where he's from or anything!" I stated getting a little to loud.

"Please don't yell at the Princess." Yakov said getting a little irritated at my out burst.

"No it's fine, I just want to know what gave you the permission to-"

"He's alone, starving, and probably on the verge of dying. You wanna know why I let him into the castle. Because I'm a good person." I said getting up.

"Excuse me, I'm going to my room." I said walking the the door. I could tell Mila wanted to stop me but Yakov put his hand on hers. I stormed to my room and flopped on my bed.

Why! Why was I so angry! This boy, I swear. He's making me angry for no apparent reason! I don't understand!

--------
King JJ's Cave

"I see the boy is already getting into the Princes head." Hope, one of my eels said.

"He will fall in the love with Yuri before we know it, what will we do?" Partizan, my other eel said.

"I know I know, but I have a plan, to draw them away from each other." I stated, walking over to my collection of potions. I grabbed the love potion and placed in a satchel. I wrapped it around Hope.

"Take this potion to the kingdom of Saint Petersburg. Our land friend will help us get it to the prince."

--------
Yuri's P.O.V

I sat on the shore, letting the waves touch my toes.
The nice breeze blowing my now down and flowing hair out of my face.
This is what I loved,
The ocean.
This is what I will have to live in for the rest of my life.
I'm okay with that.
I'm okay with being under the waves, under the happy kingdom of Saint Petersburg where the soon to be prince will be a king.
Once I'm under the waves it won't matter, JJ will have me and I won't be able to escape this.
This twisted and unforgiving fate.

"Hey." I hear a voice behind me, hearing the soft but rough voice of Otabek.

I keep looking out to the ocean, not willing to turn back. Not wanting to see him.

"I'm sorry, for what ever I did that could hurt you." He said, walking over and sitting next to me.

I want to tell him
I want to yell off the roof tops!
I love Otabek!

I nodded my head as if I accepted his apology. I can't interfere with his marriage. I would feel awful.

As we sat on the sand, we just enjoyed each other's company, sense no conversations could be shared. We just basked in the beautiful view of the sun reflecting on the ocean, the sun no longer straight above the castle, but at a slight angle. The view was perfect. Otabek sitting on the sand with his hands propping himself up. He was gorgeous.

-------
Hi! Sorry this chapter kinda sucks, I didn't have a lot of inspiration and kinda just wanted to get it done so we could move on from the first day. I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway! I need some suggestions so if you could give me some it would be much appreciated! I will give you credit if I take your idea!!
- Lo ;)