Chapter 8: The Town

Saint Petersburg Castle
9:00am
Second day
Otabek's P.O.V
---------------
   Because Yuri seemed like he didn't know much about Saint Petersburg, so I decided to take him to the town square of this small village. Instead of wearing that teal dress, I gave him one of Mila's dresses, sense he seemed more comfortable in a dress then male clothes. It's a white sun dress that has its sleeves off the shoulders and it goes slightly past the knees. His blonde, shiny hair was down and he had a yellow flower crown on. He's so beautiful as he's walking down the path.

"So I was thinking of taking you to the town square, they are having a festival right now and it looks like it would be fun. Also they have carriage rides and other things like that so what ever your into just point to it and we'll go." I said to the boy, staring in awe at the exotic town around us.

    The town was just a normal town with light white brick houses and burgundy roofs. The well in the center of the town and the lamp post on the edge of the dirt paths. Carriages coming in and out of the town square while people were walking around and enjoying the festival and it's delicious foods. Yuri ran over to a dessert table and grabbed a small looking chocolate truffle of some sorts. He bit into it, making the cutest face after realizing how sweet it is. It's like he's never even see humans before. He then ran over to the carriages, staring in awe at the horses and the way the carriage moved. To normal people, he would look like a little girl who was just randomly staring at a carriage. Even though he was showing no emotions, I could see the sparkle in his eyes as he watched. What's with this boy? I whistled loudly, telling the carriages near by that we wanted a ride. A black carriage with white horses rode up in front of us. I opened the door and helped Yuri into the back seat. I payed the driver and got in as well. The carriage started moving, making Yuri a little nervous. But once we went around town a couple times, he was more and more relaxed and even more excited. When we rode past one of the smaller town squares, his eyes grew wide and he opened the door and jumped out, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the slow moving carriage.

"Woah! Yuri what are you-" As we moved closer, I realized people were skating in the center on a small ice rink. Music being played by a guitarist and drummer, Yuri started to run towards the shelves of ice skates, putting them on and running out to the ice. He was so pretty.

---------
Yuri's P.O.V

I saw what was happening and just had to join in, I loved glacier dancing but when I found out you can "ice skate" on land I just had to join in. As I entered the ice, Otabek stepped on too. His hair flowing in the wind, his eyes glistening from the ice.

"You wanna skate?" He asked, holding his hand out. How could I say no! He is perfect, to bad he can't be mine.  I grabbed his hand and he twirled around me, skating in front of me holding both of my hands. He skated backwards while I skated forward, we laughed and twirled around each other. Well he laughed, I just smiled, staring into his beautiful eyes. This man made me feel anger and love all at the same time. I hate that he is taken by another, but I love that he is right in front of me. Giving me that gorgeous smile and the look in his eyes makes me forget that I could be living under water for the rest of my life. I could tell that the people around us were staring, but I didn't care. It was just me and him. Gracefully gliding along the ice.

"Yuri." Otabek said, pulling out of my romantic trance.

"I don't know much longer you can stay in the castle, because it's not mine. But I am sure if I ask my parents you can stay in my castle in Kazakhstan." Otabek explained. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him everything, that I would have to leave after sunset tomorrow. And that I would never see him again. Suddenly the clock on the town squares tower struck twelve pm. Telling us it's time to go back to the castle and eat lunch. Otabek and I slowed down and exited the ice rink. He called a carriage and we got in, taking us back to the castle. The ride back was silent, but it wasn't extremely awkward. I mean what else are we supposed to do. After we arrived at the gates, Yakov was waiting for us.