Chapter 14: Policies and Politics

Saint Petersburg beach
10:00am
Morning after the incident
Yuri's P.O.V
--------------
I lay anxiously on the sand
The bottom of my tail being splashed by the small waves of salty, cold water.
Otabek sitting close to me
Chris sitting on the sand with us, but slightly farther away.
We wait for Viktor and Yurri.
They say they have a plan to help us
But I'm not entirely sure I trust it
I still can't get over their faces and reactions when they saw Otabek alive again.

*****
"Yuri, we know your sad, but Otabek-" Viktor started, popping his head out of the water along with his fiancé.

"Otabek!" Yurri yelled, cutting off Viktor. I was siting in Otabek's lap, his hands around my waist.

"How?" Viktor asked, his mouth in a huge O shape.

"I think, I think it was the kiss." Otabek stated, I nuzzled into Otabek's chest.

"All the potion needed-"

"Was a true loves kiss!" Viktor finished Yurri's sentence, staring at each other and then back at the us.

"Awwwwwwweeee!" Viktor and Yurri said in unison, I try to hide me embarrassment in Otabek's chest.

"And we haven't even started talking about how you called us your fath-"

"BE QUIET YOU OLD MAN!" I yelled at Viktor, trying to splash water into his face. Otabek's sitting in the water, making sure my tail is still damp.

"Now what are you going to do?" Yurri asked, looking at us.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking up at Otabek with a confused look.

"My- the whole reason why I was marrying Mila was because of my financial and military problems. Now, that's not happening." Otabek stated, playing with locks of my hair.

"We also have the problem that, Yuri's a merman, and your human." Viktor stated.

"I think I can help with that!" Chris yelled, rowing the boat our way. It was loaded with different potions and charms from JJ's cave. Phichit swimming close behind.

"I can take Otabek and Yuri back to Saint Petersburg, and you guys can figure out this magic stuff with Phichit if that sounds like a plan." Chris stated.

*****

And now we are here
Otabek, Chris, and I on the sandy beaches of Saint Petersburg
While Viktor, Phichit, and Yurri work on the magic stuff in our cave home.
I'm scared
What if this doesn't work
What if after everything we went through together, we would be separated!
I could tell Otabek noticed my look of distress.

"Yuri, everything is going to work out. Don't worry." He said, placing his hand over mine. He rubbed my knuckles with his thumb gently. I smiled.

"I'm more worried about you Beka." I stated, resting my head on his knee.

"Beka?" He asked, looking at me with a slight grin.

"Uh sorry! I can't believe that slipped." I flushed at the stupid nickname I just placed on him.

"No, I like it! Yura." He said teasingly, poking me in the side. I reach over to try to poke his side, when he grabbed my wrist and flipped me onto my back, his legs on either side of my hips.

"This scene seems familiar." He said, his hands holding my wrists down.

"Let me go! No fair you asshole I can't kick you!" I yelled, splashing my tail in the shallow water. His body getting soaking wet.