Chapter 13: Hope

Canadian Caves
Yuri's P.O.V
----------------

What's happening?

"JJ you will never have him!"

Where am I?

"But I have him."

I don't remember much

"Yurri!"

Oh my gosh JJ!

I open my eyes, my head fuzzy.
My eyes finally adjusting to my surroundings.
I see I'm in Viktor's arms, JJ smirking at us.
I look up to see Yurri in one of the eels grasp.
And Otabek, frantically trying to get more air, his head barley above the surface.
I wanted to reach out to him.
Save him from my problems and let JJ take me so my family wouldn't have to suffer.
But I guess I'm worth it.

"JJ let Yurri go!" Viktor yelled. I could tell he was scared of what JJ would do, but he wasn't showing it.

"Oh Viktor, you still know what I want yet you don't give it to me." JJ smirked, smiling at his eels as they tighten their grip Yurri and Otabek. Otabek winces in pain as he still tries to get more air.

"JJ stop! Please!" Viktor pleaded. I can't do this anymore. They are in trouble because of me and I can't let that happen.

"JJ please, just take me instead. Don't hurt my family." I pleaded, JJ's smirk dropped to a shocked expression.

"Yuri no! We can solve this!" Yurri yelled, trying to break free from the eel.

"No! I need to do this, you guys are important to me and losing you guys, would ruin me. I can sacrifice myself for you guys and the safety of the North Atlantic Ocean. I'm just one merman, others will suffer because of this man. JJ let them go." I said, swimming carefully out of Viktor's grasp and towards JJ.

"Yuri no!" Viktor yelled trying to grab me once more. I turned around to face him, giving him a small wink.

"Trust me." Viktor looked at me with concern, then nodded.

"Well, looks like you finally grew some big boy fins." JJ said, grabbing me with his tentacles and pulling me close to him. The eels let go of Yurri and Otabek. Now was my chance.

"Otabek now!" I yelled. Otabek picked up the spear he threw earlier and threw it towards me. I caught it with my right hand and shoved it through JJ's stomach. He screamed out in pain, throwing me against the cave wall. JJ was furious, screaming out in pain. But it looks like he has enough energy to finish me off too. He took a small knife with one of his tentacles and threw it in my direction. I closed my eyes, preparing for it to go straight through my stomach. But it never hit me. I open my eyes to see Otabek slowly floating to the bottom of the cave with a small knife lodged into his chest.

"T-take that, l-lover boy." JJ coughed up blood and passed out. I screamed, as loud as I could under water anyway. I swam to Otabek as fast as I could. He can't die now, not after everything that's happened! I grabbed Otabek by the waist, making sure to avoid the knife. I started pulling him out of the water. Yurri and Viktor were close behind to help me. But I didn't need help. I pulled him up with all my might. My determination to help him is much greater now then it was the first time we met. I pulled him to the surface. Swimming over to the shore closet to the cave, I pulled him up on the sand.

"Viktor! We need to help him!" I yelled, looking at the knife lodged into his chest. Did it hurt anything vital! Will he be able to use his shoulder again!