Chapter 12: Was it all lost?

Third person P.O.V
7:30pm
Canadian caves
------------

Viktor frantically started thrashing from the eels grasp. Screaming and kicking his tail mercifully. Hopes grip on Viktor was slipping as he slid out of his grasp and started swimming towards the Canadian caves, anger flowing through him. He watched his son get torn from him once and he wasn't going to let it happen again.

"Viktor!" Yurri yelled, grabbing the man by this long flowing pink tail.

"Yurri we need to save him! He's the only thing we have!" Viktor yelled, frantically throwing his hands in the air. He kicked his tail, trying to break from Yurri's grasp. But Yurri pulled him into an embrace, stroking his soft hair.

"Otabek can help us, we need to talk to him and Chris." Yurri said, trying to calm the other merman. Yurri wrapped his long dark blue tail around Viktor's. Viktor's heart beat started to slow down as Yurri rubbed his back.

"Does that sound good?" Yurri asked Viktor. Viktor nodded his head against Yurri's chest and they both started slowly swimming back to the boat with Viktor still in his arms. All Yurri wanted to do was protect Yuri and he's already failed.

On the boat, Otabek was freaking out, not knowing what the hell just happened.

"Otabek calm down!" Chris yelled, holding the teens arms back as Otabek tried to dive into the water.

"I'm not leaving him again! I need to help him!" Otabek screamed, tears falling from his eyes. All the guests on the boat were freaking out as well. Especially Mila.

"What the hell was that! Ota babe! What about the wedding?" Mila pouted, running to Otabek.  Chris let go of Otabek, Otabek's legs started to wobble and he fell to his knees in shock. Chris walked over to Mila and told her to stand aside, that things were complicated. And they were. Otabek literally had Yuri in his grasp for the second time and now he was taken away forever. And he could do nothing.

"Otabek! Chris!" Yurri yelled as his head popped out of the water, along with Viktor's as well. Chris ran over to the edge of the boat, seeing his friends grey head.

"Viktor! Honey how's a going!" Chris yelled, smiling and waving.

"Chris not now! Where's Otabek?" Viktor asked, sighing and covering his face with one hand.

"He's here, he's just having a mental break down." Chris yelled.

"Great, the one guy that can help us and he's lost it. Look Chris, get in a life boat with Otabek and follow us! We need to get to the Canadian Caves fast!" Yurri yelled. Viktor turned over to Yurri.

"Do you have a plan?" Viktor asked, his eyes gleaming with hope.

"I'm not sure, but we need to get to him as fast as possible." Yurri stated. Viktor just nodded, whatever Yurri had planned, he trusted him.

"We are lowering the life boat!" Chris yelled, the life boat slowly being dropped by ropes. After the boat landed in the water safely, thanks to a couple mermen, Otabek and Chris climbed down a ladder and into the boat.

"Otabek, what was the last thing JJ said to you?" Yurri asked.

"H-he said the deal was off, and that Y-Yuri was his now." Otabek stuttered, still confused about this whole situation.

"Okay, we need to get to the Canadian caves as fast as possible. We are going to pull the boat so hand us a rope." Yurri told Otabek. Otabek nodded, grabbing the rope on the side of the boat and handing it to the merman. Yurri nodded his head and handed the other end the Viktor. Then he wrapped it around the front of the boat.

"Don't worry Otabek." Viktor said, placing a hand on Otabek's from the side of the boat. "We will get him back."

------

Viktor and Yurri frantically started swimming towards the Canadian caves, Viktor driven by pure anger. Out of everyone here, Viktor was the most angry, and that scared Yurri. He's never seen Viktor this angry. The last time he saw him like that was when he first met Chris and Chris was all over him. Even then he wasn't that angry. Otabek had his hands running through his hair, confused, startled, and scared. What was going to happens to Yuri?

"I see the caves!" Chris yelled, pointing to he rocky coast.

"Most of the caves are submerged half way through so the farthest you can go is through the entrance!" Viktor told Otabek and Chris. Viktor and Yurri slowly swam into the entrance, not wanting JJ to know their here. Viktor and Yurri dropped the rope and dipped down under water, leaving the two boys on the surface. Viktor swam down towards JJ's cave, not wanting to waste any more time. As Viktor swam down the tunnel he heard some noises. He didn't like that.

"Yuri we are coming don't worry!" Viktor yelled, swimming through the entrance of the JJ's home. He saw JJ holding Yuri by the wrists in the air, not letting him swim away.

"Oh Viktor!" JJ mockingly sang, "I have a negotiation!"

Viktor stopped in his tracks, only a few feet from Yuri and his kidnapper. Yurri swam up behind him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Ah, I see you brought your fiancé too! What a party!" JJ smirked tightening his grip on Yuri's wrists, making him wince in pain. Yurri felt Viktor flinch under his hand. Yurri was about ready to slit JJ's throat.

"What's your negotiation?" Viktor asked, holding back so much anger.

"Yuri, for the North Atlantic Ocean." JJ smirked, knowing he's going to get what he wants. Viktor furrowed his brows in confusion.

"JJ you know we don't control the North Atlantic Ocean, we help maintain it." Yurri stated in his fiancées place.

"Well I don't want to maintain it, I want it to be my territory!" JJ yelled getting angrier, squeezing Yuri's wrists harder, making him cry out in pain once more. Viktor started swimming towards JJ but JJ held Yuri in front of him, tangling more tentacles around his body to keep him in place.

"Give me the rights to the North Atlantic Ocean and you can have your precious Yuri back." JJ said mockingly, pulling out a document that gives the rights of the North Atlantic Ocean to him. It also had a little place for Viktor and Yurri to sign. Viktor had no choice. He would have to give up his home and JJ's rule over the ocean would grow vastly over the years. This could mean full dictator ship in the future. Viktor and Yurri would give up the whole ocean for Yuri, but what about the other residents of the ocean? Before Viktor or Yurri could even make a decision, a spear was thrown right into one of JJ's tentacles. JJ screamed in pain, releasing Yuri from his grasp. Yuri fell to the bottom of the cave, exhausted and tired from the events of today. Yurri looked up to see Otabek, holding his breath for as long as he can at the closest part of the cave to the surface. JJ snarled in the sight of the prince.

"Kill that damn boy!" JJ yelled, Partizan and Hope swimming in from the entrance of the cave and holding Otabek under the water. Viktor swam over to Yuri, trying to get him to swim but he was fatigued. Yurri swam over to Otabek, trying to break him free from the eels.

Otabek was on his last breath, about to pass out from the lack of oxygen. Yurri pulled the last eel from him and swam Otabek to the surface. With one merman out of the way, JJ swam after Yuri and Viktor at the bottom of the cave, reaching for Yuri's tail. Viktor pulled him away, holding him in his arms bridal style.

"JJ you will never have him." Viktor said swimming up to the surface.

"But I have him." JJ said pointing up. Viktor looked to see one of the eels holding Yurri against a rock and one of the eels almost chocking Otabek barley above the surface.

"YURRI!"